C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE Device Renamer Driver

I understand.  Just a small dig at C4.

It is absolutely ridiculous that HE restricts users from renaming devices and your driver will be helpful to those that don't want to manually manipulate the XML to do it (which isn't for the faint of heart).

Next time I have work done, I'll have this driver installed.  I really don't need it any more, but the idea of programmatically renaming devices might be interesting for some things, especially if you can do an auto refresh of the navs.

For the auto renaming of devices - how does this impact the Control4 Alexa support?  If a light is renamed do you have to rediscover devices?

You can programmatically refresh nav! There are 2 programming actions rename and refresh navs.

As for alexa, yes if you rename you have to rediscover after.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

03/28/17 - 1.0.1

• Added the ability to programatically rename devices
  • Added the ability to programatically refresh navigators
  • Added support for renaming additional device types that were requested

Available via Auto Update or Houselogix.com

Having now bought and played with this driver, I can recommend it to any HE user... Exactly what we have all been asking for.  Thanks @msgreenf

Thank you very much! That was the goal! If you run into devices you can't rename please follow the directions on our website to submit the proxies and they will be added in the next update

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Does this driver support keypad dimmers? When I try to select a keypad dimmer to rename it, it won't let me select it. I can select and rename regular switches however. Attached is a screenshot of the keypad dimmer I'm trying to rename. Thanks for the tip.

C4 Renamer Screenshot.png

Tom. I may have missed that proxy but I can easily add it in an auto update today. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will post when it's completed

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Tom L said:

Does this driver support keypad dimmers? When I try to select a keypad dimmer to rename it, it won't let me select it. I can select and rename regular switches however. Attached is a screenshot of the keypad dimmer I'm trying to rename. Thanks for the tip.

C4 Renamer Screenshot.png

This is fixed in Version 1.0.3 which is now in auto update.  This should add all of the latest generation keypads.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rek said:

Sweet.  Thanks.  Snapshot 1, Snapshot 2, Snapshot 3, Snapshot 4, ... was driving me nuts.

thats what my driver is here for :)

I will never have complete coverage for all, i know that, but it's really easy to grow the list and your screenshots were PERFECT!

I'm having trouble with my Renamer actions.

• When I attempt to setup my TargetDevice for a Rename action, the device list is empty.  It shows the project node in the tree but nothing else.  Pic below.
  • The Refresh Navigators action doesn't appear to do anything when I execute the script.

I have 1.0.4.

RenamerBug1.png

Thanks for the quick turnaround!  The motions still don't show in the SelectedDevice list.  Everything else you changed does (although I haven't actually tried renaming everything yet).

Also the two action problem symptoms haven't changed - is there something I could be doing wrong?  FYI, I'm not currently in need of this feature - just reporting what I found.

RenamerRequest3.png

Archived