C4 Forums | Control4

Speaker Point upgrade from 1.3 to 2.5?

Hello all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle..I have about 4 speaker points that I had on the shelf and they're all on 1.3 and I can identify them to the 2.10 project but when I connect to the speaker point it shows version unknown. 

I'm trying to figure out the path to upgrade this speaker point but I'm getting mixed answers from C4 tech support. One tech told me I had to get an HC-300 or something to 2.5 and then create a project and then update the speaker point through Composer on 2.5. When I called back, I spoke to another tech and he told me to do a USB Restore (not install) from 1.3 to 2.5. I asked and he said that no incremental updates would be needed. Is this correct? 

I just don't want to end up bricking these speaker points and then I'm left with nothing. I have an HC-300 that I'm currently trying to restore to 2.5 and see if that will allow me to push the update on the 1.3. Can I just update the speakerpoints from 1.3 to 2.5, is that even possible? I've read you have to go from 1.3 to 1.7 via usb restore/install and then 1.7 to 2.5..

Can someone clarify the situation with these speaker points?

Ok all, so I tried the USB restore from 1.3 to go to 2.5.3 and it was a no go. Luckily, I had an old HC-300 that I pulled from a customer that did an upgrade ( good thing I kept it!) and then added the speaker point to the project. Then went ahead with an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.5.3. Took about an hour for the update to happen, but luckily all my speakerpoints are up to date!!

25 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

Ok all, so I tried the USB restore from 1.3 to go to 2.5.3 and it was a no go. Luckily, I had an old HC-300 that I pulled from a customer that did an upgrade ( good thing I kept it!) and then added the speaker point to the project. Then went ahead with an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.5.3. Took about an hour for the update to happen, but luckily all my speakerpoints are up to date!!

Good job. I was sure this was the way to do it but it has been a while since I've had to update a speaker point from a lower os.  Couldn't remember for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived