C4 Forums | Control4

LAB Setup for upgrading Embernet to Zigbee Pro

Hi, I will setup a separate LAB network for the upgrade, can I use an HC200 Controller to update old devices and some Embernet equipment to Zigbee pro or I had to lock for an HC-300?

7 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Why would it need to be lower than 2.5.3? I thought it would need to be higher if trying to upgrade a device to zigbee pro from embernet.
I’ve got an old 300 laying around and would be interested in doing this.

it doesn't have to be.  But 2.5.3 was the last version with this feature.  So any earlier version does work too

I thought I remember having this done on my 2.7 system.  You have to put it back into embernet mode, go to mini-app mode then finally upgrade to pro.

How do you guys physically wire up your dimmers so you can do this quickly (and safely)?  Wire it up on one end and have a length of romex with a plug and plug it in?  Better idea than that?

Jeff

I usually just cut off the end of any standard 3-prong power supply wire, strip off the last 6 inches or so in order to expose the black white and green wires. Then wire nut several dimmers/keypads/whatever on, plug it in, and you're ready to go.

Basically the same thing that you are saying but simpler and cheaper, as long as you have a power wire laying around...I have several...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

OK, I have the HC200 loaded with 2.5.3 and registered with C4 as a Main Controller, now I can't add the CardAccess Wireless Motion Sensors that am sure they are no on Embernet, so any suggestions?

I use a 'prewired' terminal block to connect multiple devices.

For those motions, UNLESS they are WMS10-2 you cannot upgrade them (ie model is just WMS10) Just for the record, this also goes for the wireless contact sensor (WCS10A wont work WCS10A-2 will). All other old Card Access devices can be upgraded.

If you have the correct models, try 9 button presses or 13 button presses to restore/remove them from existing networks. Last try is a reset, hold ID button, power up, release when green an red LED are on at the same time.

Of course, this is all assuming you are a dealer and know how to start an embernet upgrade to begin with. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 1:29 AM, Cyknight said:

I use a 'prewired' terminal block to connect multiple devices.

For those motions, UNLESS they are WMS10-2 you cannot upgrade them (ie model is just WMS10) Just for the record, this also goes for the wireless contact sensor (WCS10A wont work WCS10A-2 will). All other old Card Access devices can be upgraded.

If you have the correct models, try 9 button presses or 13 button presses to restore/remove them from existing networks. Last try is a reset, hold ID button, power up, release when green an red LED are on at the same time.

Of course, this is all assuming you are a dealer and know how to start an embernet upgrade to begin with. <_<

You are right, although I upgraded the WMS-10, it did not connect to my Zpro network, everything else upgraded normally except CardAccess devices, lame  ...

Archived