C4 Forums | Control4

Is the MSRP of an HC-800 still $999 or has it gone up?

zaphod

not sure about canada, however there is a $500 increase coming on April1 here in the states

Also hearing the HC250 is going up as well. Both will include intercom and myhome licenses. C4 is getting out of the license business apparently.

The new pricing model will include the site license and the intercom licenses. For new systems I can see this as good value especially for those looking for those features. For those looking to get the site and intercom licenses and you already have a system in place from my understanding you have until June 1 to purchase them individually from an authorized dealer.

The new pricing model will include the site license and the intercom licenses. For new systems I can see this as good value especially for those looking for those features. For those looking to get the site and intercom licenses and you already have a system in place from my understanding you have until June 1 to purchase them individually from an authorized dealer.

I would have considered buying some new interfaces if my HC-800 was grandfathered into this intercom license (I already have a site license). I guess the only option after June 1 will be to buy a new controller (actually the same one that I have) and to recommission a mesh (if I ever decided to go the intercom route).

Thanks for the extra road block C4.

I would have considered buying some new interfaces if my HC-800 was grandfathered into this intercom license (I already have a site license). I guess the only option after June 1 will be to buy a new controller (actually the same one that I have) and to recommission a mesh (if I ever decided to go the intercom route).

Why recommission the mesh? Keep your 800 that's running Zigbee Coordinator as zigbee coordinator and just put director on the new one with the license keys.

The new price and bundle includes the phone app and intercom features.

For those of us who have an 800 already with the site license, we will be fine. But if we want to add the intercom we would have to pay for a license.

It's not like we would get that stuff for free. Control4 can track purchase date via controller address.

So as far as I know, nothing will change for those of us who already purchased license ala carte. (Which is what they seem to be wanting to get rid of)

Basically everything prior to the date it changes will be dealt with as it is now.

May I suggest an HC 250

Problem with that idea is that the controller would need to be the MAIN controller - or at least that's what it's looking like. It MIGHT work' date=' but I've yet to get an answer to that very question.[/quote']

And again.

So if you have an 800 or 1000 now......

Archived