C4 Forums | Control4

More programming stop working

smarch

So recently I have more and more programming stop working. These are all dealer programmed items, as I do not havk with my system. It has been running flawlessly for 2 years.

Stopped working 2+ weeks ago - all light scenes, dealer cannot seem to figure this out. Have tried for a long time.

Stopped working last week - I have a few dimmers that change the led colour based on the door lock, unlocked = red, locked = green. They stay green all the time. Not so good, when I wake up in the morning, dimmer says green but the doors are unlocked. Onscreen GUI shows correctly that they were unlocked.

Stopped working this week - I have two lamps that come on at dusk and shut off at 11, they no longer come on. Have to activate them by pressing dimmer or ipad etc.

Any one have idea what could possibly be happening?

Very disappointing.

Mhh I suggest using your dealer for this and not do it yourself. There are some reports showing up on this - so your dealer should do a support call so they can have a look and see if they can trace it to a specific cause.

A reboot often - but not always - seems to fix this at least for a time, but this is something not completely unheard of and I would prefer to see a dealer talk to tech-support on this to figure out the how and why.

Please reference this thread http://c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=14042 and specifically the the 3 steps referred to in the C4 KB extract.

It's a known major problem with 2.3.0. It just happened to me after several weeks running 2.3.0. And it happened to a client of ours at exactly the same time. I suspect recomissioning the Zigbee mesh would fix the issue. In my case I replaced my controller, something I had already been planning to do, and the problem went away.

For my client, none of the KB steps worked. And the problem does survive reboots.

Unfortunately none of the items documented in the thread above are known to solve the problem for sure.

Great please share how you did it

AKI - I have got my lights Scenes running

Like everyone else the upgrade to 2.3 was at first OK, about 5 weeks after the upgrade lost lighting Scenes, did a bit of trail and error over the weekend and Bingo they are back.:)

I had issues on a project with lighting scenes that were made prior to the 2.3 update. Then after a few weeks of having 2.3, a few issues appeared. (I'm not sure of they were there all along and we/homeowner never noticed)

Some of the lights would turn on with the scene, but their corresponding LEDs on the 6button they were connected to would light up as of they were on. I converted the scenes to advanced scenes. And rebooted the switches. (15 tap the top of each switch/dimmer)

That seemed to take care of my problem. I would suspect doing the same for other zigbee devices may help.

Archived