C4 Forums | Control4

Waterproof controller

Hey all,

Wondering if there is a waterproof controller or DIY available. My thought is that I have speakers in my bathroom and so many times want to change the song or channel while in the shower. Would love to install something in the shower itself. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I also used a CardAccess mini remote for about 3 years in the shower, hanging over the door, and I'd put a towel over it while showering.

Worked fine. I ended up breaking the switch on it, so I just got a new one.

It's not waterproof, but it's pretty water-resistant.

RyanE

I just got a "Lifeproof" case for my iphone, along with the "Life Jacket" for the Pool..... Waterproof for 6 Feet of water for "Several" Hours.

They have the same setup for the Ipad also.... Lifeproof/Life Jacket for Ipad.

I don't know about you guys, but my old iOS devices have such crappy battery life that those wouldn't be my first choice. The same iOS devices that have had forced obsolescence and can't get new iOS versions for many apps (so in my mind not worth messing with batteries or other unsupported repairs).

I thought maybe this exact version wasn't available yet and an older version was floating around. I couldn't tell from the video if it was an announced or shipping product. This one is specifically promoted as being water resistant, the guy in the video says he has it on a lanyard hanging on his shower head. That would imply a pretty high level of water resistance.

Actually, I was wondering why the C4/CardAccess rep in the video was making such a big deal about the water resistance if they've been that way for as many years as Ryan says he has used one. I understand the difference between submersible and resistant, but something can seem resistant even if is isn't designed to be, until you get water in the wrong place.

you got a point on that for sure . but you got to ask you this question : were i will put it ( first ) and is there any chance that the component fall into water or get splash by a X quantity ???

Actually, I was wondering why the C4/CardAccess rep in the video was making such a big deal about the water resistance if they've been that way for as many years as Ryan says he has used one. I understand the difference between submersible and resistant, but something can seem resistant even if is isn't designed to be, until you get water in the wrong place.

Archived