C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone know how to set the LEDs on keypads to shut off at times?

Hello:

I have a 6 button keypad and a 2 button keypad that are conveniently located next to my bed. We just had our system installed yesterday. My wife is pissed because she cannot sleep with the bright LEDs. Is there a way to cut off the keypad LEDs after say 9:00 PM at night?

Thanks!

Yes.

You need to create two schedule events, one for on and one for off.

Repeating daily of course.

Then on off program the leds to use black as the color (you need to set each separate led, so all 6 for the 6-button).

Then on the on event, set it to blue (or whatever color you want really).

Note keypads remain fully functional.

Thank you for this information. When set to black, do the LEDs emit any sort of light (i know that sounds nuts... an LED eminating a "black" light) or does changing them to black essentially cut off the LEDs.

I understand that the keypads will continue to function, and this is exactly what I want.

Im not sure if its resolved, but they do not have control in programming over the LEDs on fireplace switches. You have to manually input the xml if you want to adjust those LEDs in programming..... Just an FYI.

As in you don't see it available? Because I see it right here. I've never really bothered to set the push color on a scheduler as such, so I can't comment on if it riggers or not- push is momentarily so not as much of an issue.

I don't see the availability to set push colour anywhere in programming -- just LED on and LED off. Under monitoring I can set push colour, but once the scheduler turns the LEDs to black at night and then blue in the morning the push colour is reset to blue -- the white or green I'd prefer doesn't persist.

Ah my bad, mixing a few things up here. You're right, press and release as such are not available to set.

There is a way around this however, albeit a little cumbersome to set up.

You would have to have the schedule trigger a boolean variable (true/false) as well. Logical would be "nighttime" and have the LED off schedule turn it to true, and back to false.

Then on a button press (or better release in this case as it will cover multi-taps a little better in my experience) add a line that sets the LED back to "black" if the "nighttime" variable is true.

Note that press and release colors can be permanently changed using composer pro if desired. Not sure if the app does it permanently. So the press and release could be set to your preferred daytime colors and you can use the above to keep them changed for nighttime.

Technically you could do a statement under "IF nighttime is false" as well and have it set it to your wanted color that way.

This of course does not affect press, just release.

If you have trouble getting this to work - let me know, and I will post what mine looks like - my wife has similar issues.

It was much easier to re-program C4 lights than to get a new wife. Cheaper as well.

In our master bedroom we have about 30 switches - at 9:30 they all go dark and then back on at 7 AM. The difference is that I also have them come back on when there is motion in the room - someone gets up at night to go to the bathroom - they all come on for 5 seconds and then go back off.

Pretty cool actually.

Bill

If you have trouble getting this to work - let me know, and I will post what mine looks like - my wife has similar issues.

It was much easier to re-program C4 lights than to get a new wife. Cheaper as well.

In our master bedroom we have about 30 switches - at 9:30 they all go dark and then back on at 7 AM. The difference is that I also have them come back on when there is motion in the room - someone gets up at night to go to the bathroom - they all come on for 5 seconds and then go back off.

Pretty cool actually.

Bill

Bill:

Any insight on your code would be greatly appreciated. I am diving in with HE this afternoon.

If you have trouble getting this to work - let me know' date=' and I will post what mine looks like - my wife has similar issues.

Pretty cool actually.

Bill[/quote']

Bill:

Any insight on your code would be greatly appreciated. I am diving in with HE this afternoon.

I will send you an email of the code - I would post it here so others could see it as well - but for some reason a file attachment is not possible in this forum.

Simple method -

1. set a schedule say at 10 pm that says turn off LED lights.

2. when that schedule triggers put in code that says:

Set top LED on the named switch to BLACK when ON.

Set bottom LED on the named switch to BLACK when off

Do this setting for both on and off for all switches in your bedroom.

You could also leave the setting to blue (or your default color) when on - that way you can know what lights are actually on and when you turn them off the blue light will go away.

Set another SCHEDULE at 7 am (or what ever time you wish) that turns them all back to blue or your default color - it is tedious but worth it in the long run.

More complex method -

if you have motion detectors set a MSTRBRLEDTIMER for 5 seconds.

at 10 PM if there is motion in the room start the timer and when the timer goes out do what you have in the simple method.

When the timer is triggered turn on the blue lights and when the timer stops turn them off - now if you get up to go to the bathroom the leds will come on.

Pretty cool.

Bill

Keep the difference between keypad buttons (unless tied directly to a light using composer pro) and lights - on/off on a button that controls say volume will do little, and current led color has the effect as stated above about reverting back to the default when pressed.

• 2 weeks later...

This is similar but I am looking for a best way for the following scenario. Bear with me, I am new at the programming stuff.

I want a led to show a color when the yale locks are unlocked. I want this to start at 11:00 pm and end at 7 am. The part I am having trouble with

is after 11:00 and one of the locks is unlocked and then I lock it, I want the led to go back to my default off color.

Any advice would be appreciated.

This is similar but I am looking for a best way for the following scenario. Bear with me, I am new at the programming stuff.

I want a led to show a color when the yale locks are unlocked. I want this to start at 11:00 pm and end at 7 am. The part I am having trouble with

is after 11:00 and one of the locks is unlocked and then I lock it, I want the led to go back to my default off color.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You are going to need a variable that you keep track of that keeps the status of the yale lock status.

You can then have a schedule that sets colors at 11 PM and then at 7 AM.

You then have a on variable status change set the color

Bill

Hey Godzilla, I tried something similar to the second pic, I was just doing a test run on one door.

When billiards door control lock is unlocked

-Set LED on patio light bottom off to blue

-If time is between 11:00 pm - 7:00 am

-Set LED on patio light bottom off to red

-If time is between 7:01 am - 10:59 pm

-Set LED on patio light bottom off to blue

It never changes to red. I don't understand. Any suggestions?

did u nest the commands to the if statements?

Click and hold your command and drag it to the if statement ? and drop it, it should indent over like mine.

also get rid of your 1st line of code, u don't need it, just use the if statements.

Archived