C4 Forums | Control4

Best way to stream radio?

Pick up a cheap HC1000 off eBay. There are some for less than 350. Then you get Tunedin

For $350 I'm buying a Sonos Connect. No question it' has the most integrations as far as streaming

Music services are concerned.

that only plays MP3 doesnt it?

I think MP3 is too hard to find,

Iheartradio, and others are not mp3

Yes. I manage to find what interests me though. Still an option (barely).

Honestly, if it were me, I'd be looking at upgrading my system before hanging third-party boxes and drivers.

VideoStorm NetPlay devices - Pandora, TuniIn. Integrated media library and cloud library support, iOS, Android and Windows direct streaming...........

+1 for this. Free Driver for control4 with it as well.

We just got set up as a dealer and plan on order a couple to test out. Their implementation of Airplay and DLNA is much better than the Wireless Music Bridge.

Pick up a cheap HC1000 off eBay. There are some for less than 350. Then you get Tunedin

For $350 I'm buying a Sonos Connect. No question it' has the most integrations as far as streaming

Music services are concerned.

+1. Sonos is by far the best option for streaming music. Not sure what the driver costs to connect it into C4, but it does everything you could want, it's expandable in its own right and is simple to use...

Cheers,

Chris

I am in this same boat. The area I love in gets almost no radio reception. The stations me and my family like to listen to are not available on TuneIn, but are available on iHeartRadio.

I see it as the following two options. I can get the music bridge and then stream it from my phone, or I can get a product like Sonos or Grace. I don't see streaming it from my phone as a good option...it rings too much (which interrupts the music) and I don't want to have to control what I'm listening to on my phone.

Now, it appears that both Sonos and Grace provide support for iHeartRadio, correct?

Here's another question. Can I setup stations that are a mix of TuneIn and iHeartRadio, and have them all available under the stations button? That way we wouldn't need to remember which station was available on which service?

Archived