C4 Forums | Control4

EV Roku Driver

kjb86

Hi,

Yesterday I hooked up a Roku 3 to my system, and since EV offers the IP driver, we went with that.

However, it does not seem to be working.

There is no control over IP. Going through the settings, it shows activated, Roku found, driver version 7.0.1. Set static IP and all.

Does anyone have any clue why this won't work?

THanks.

I know on my Sony Bluray players I had to enable a setting on the device that allowed it be controlled via IP.

Are you sure there aren't any such settings for the Roku?

Yea i just went through the entire instructions once again from EV. Other than them asking to make sure it's a static IP, there's no other instructions required on the device itself.

When you say you set your Roku 3 to a static IP, you did so via DHCP reservation correct? To my knowledge, Roku's can't be set to a static IP any other way. Also, have you confirmed that the Roku is indeed on the IP you think it is on?

I have Diamond Design's Roku driver with a Roku 3, and I did not have to enable anything on my Roku to have it controllable via IP.

When you say you set your Roku 3 to a static IP, you did so via DHCP reservation correct? To my knowledge, Roku's can't be set to a static IP any other way. Also, have you confirmed that the Roku is indeed on the IP you think it is on?

I have Diamond Design's Roku driver with a Roku 3, and I did not have to enable anything on my Roku to have it controllable via IP.

Hi chicagoskiguy,

yes, DHCP reservation. Entered the correct MAC as well as reserve the IP in router. Confirmed all is correct; in router, roku as well as composer. All matches. Whats odd is in composer it does show roku found and activated. Yet, nothing works.

Have you power cycled the HC, Roku and Router?

Helped when I replaced my router and refreshed all the DHCP reservations.

I did. The only thing i have not power cycled is the lan switch. Didn't think that would make a difference. Maybe i'll try it.

Bindings...connections.

Did you do the install or did your dealer?

I don't care, beyond knowing whether to take the time to explain further or not.

no dealer did. But dealer had no idea what was going on, so they just decided to leave and left it at this

Bindings...connections.

I don't care' date=' beyond knowing whether to take the time to explain further or not.[/quote']

no dealer did. But dealer had no idea what was going on, so they just decided to leave and left it at this

Hopefully you did not pay them! I would hope that if the dealer set it up, they setup the bindings correctly.

Unfortunately you need dealer only tools to check on them. Here's a question...does the Roku show up as something to watch on the GUI?

Bindings...connections.

I don't care' date=' beyond knowing whether to take the time to explain further or not.[/quote']

Hopefully you did not pay them! I would hope that if the dealer set it up, they setup the bindings correctly.

Unfortunately you need dealer only tools to check on them. Here's a question...does the Roku show up as something to watch on the GUI?

Yes, it does show up as an option. it turns the tv on correctly to the right input. Just no control beyond that.

I know my dealer put in a support ticket now, but i'm not sure if they've received a response yet

Assuming it's the support ticket that matches the error you're describing, we have received it and replied. You may want to contact your dealer and ask them to check the ticket.

I know my dealer put in a support ticket now' date=' but i'm not sure if they've received a response yet[/quote']

Assuming it's the support ticket that matches the error you're describing, we have received it and replied. You may want to contact your dealer and ask them to check the ticket.

I just called and asked. He was checking his email

I know my dealer put in a support ticket now' date=' but i'm not sure if they've received a response yet[/quote']

Dealer forwarded the ticket to me. I have set up the request and checked in.

If he hasn't replied with the account name, PM me and I can send it

Archived