C4 Forums | Control4

I have had problem with rhapsody since original installation about a year ago and my dealer can't solve it.

Most of the time when i select rhapsody the bottom left hand corner of my TS is the following text "rhapsody service error:received error code form rhapsody"

Rhapsody does then not correctly, won't load any of the my rhapsody section or search for artists,albums etc. the only way I can get it to work is to select a track from the recommendations section and once that has started it seems to "wake up" And work but I find it very slow.

Just to make a liar of me I just went to a TS and rhapsody loaded straight up with no error code. So it is not all the time but most of the time I get the error

I would be interested to hear in any other Australian users have this problem. You have to go through a work around in AU to get rhapsody as it won't accept Australian credit cards (well it never used to) and I am wondering if this is an Australian problem

I had the same problem when I switched Internet service providers. It was a DHCP error for me since I could not update the DHCP server on the controller since I did not have access to composer pro. The problem disappeared after my dealer fixed the problem and updated everything in my project. This may have nothing to do with your project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with AU users using Rhapsody is that when you have issues, there's no good way to know whether the issue is Rhapsody, the proxy you're using, or Control4, and you're not as likely to get support from either Rhapsody or Control4 to figure it out.

My guess (as users in the US are not having issues, at least *this* user...) is that it's likely an issue with the proxy you're using to fool Rhapsody into thinking you're in the US.

That said, showing errors on the touchscreen isn't uncommon, although it doesn't stop Rhapsody from working, at least in my case.

RyanE

Thanks for your comments.

Whilst I have a unblock-us.com account for Netflix that is a very recent addition.

I believe rhapsody only check the credit card details to make sure it is a US credit card. I have had a rhapsody account for sonos long before my C4 instal and pay my rhapsody subscription through a Melbourne dealer who presumably has the right card?

I will of course defer to the more knowledgable on this topic.

Any AU users having/had rhapsody issues

Correct - Rhapsody isn't NOT licensed to 'broadcast' outside of the US, they are just not allowed to have non-US residents as clients. In other words, if you're a US resident you're very much allowed to stream Rhapsody when you're on vacation/business outside of the US.

This of course creates some loop-holes.

Archived