C4 Forums | Control4

Kaleidescape Questions

piratemonkey

HI.....

Can a movie on k-scape be started from the C4 iPhone / iPad app or do you need to use the K-scape app?

Hoping it can as I'd really like to keep the functionality of starting movies remotely using the C4 app like I presently can do on my standard HTPC.....example, kids wanna watch movie, I'm not at home but can start system, movie, etc while not at home

If not, what would be the best iPhone app for K-Scape and is there an app that can work remotely or do you always need to be on home wifi network?

I see there is an actual K-Scape app for the iPad.....is this app able to integrate with C4?

If so and while browsing movies is it possible to start a movie where it would turn on my entire system as C4 does or do I have to first turn everything on with C4 app and then switch to iPad app to start a movie?

TY!!

Mhh as far as I know the movies on k-scape do NOT show up in the C4 apps and touchscreens it's on the k-scape gui only, but I haven't done one in a bit so could be mistaken.

That said, the C4 driver (by k-scape) is very well done and there IS the ability to do programming to have events from the k-scape app and back-feed it into the C4 system to take control.

Have a look at the documentation on their own site - it's fairly well done. (and not blocked off in any way).

IF whatever you use allows selecting movies from the C4 interface, this becomes very easy with a phone/tscreen/tab or even using the on-screen navigator.

"I could never understand the advantage of showing the pictures, menus on the iPad if its right there on the screen."

Is what I was replying to.

Using K-scape you're limited to the k-scape menu per room.

Heres the part thats still confusing to me.......if I enter my C4 iPhone app and choose watch / movies, I believe I cannot see a list of the movies stored within the KScape library correct?

If thats the case and I'm not in the same room as my TV or projector, how do i choose and execute a movie to start from my iPhone app?

As an example, heres a photo from my C4 iPhone app that shows the movies stored on my media server of which i can choose one to start playing, whether at home or away from home.......I'm assuming I will lose this C4 app option with movies on my KScape server correct?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjepkeh5lk688sf/2014-02-20%2019.55.36.png

You are correct. Kscape does not allow the integration to C4 GUI since their media database is much better than Control4.

Why would you try to watch a Movie at home if you are not home? I am just curious, I'm sure you have good reason.

Isn't that the point to make the system more user friendlyv

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

That's my thought too. I've got 3 boys ages 3, 5 & 6. Each of them can turn on whatever movie they want on their own.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

That's my thought too. I've got 3 boys ages 3, 5 & 6. Each of them can turn on whatever movie they want on their own.

I don't necessarily WANT my young kids to start whatever movie they want (let alone whenever) - at times they can watch a movie, but me or my wife WANT to decide for them or limit it to certain options.

If I didn't my middle one would just be permanently watch Polar Express year round...the eldest would watch nothing but Monster High.

Of course at those ages, they wouldn't be home alone anyway, and yes my wife is perfectly capable of handling the system (or we wouldn't have one)

I don't necessarily WANT my young kids to start whatever movie they want (let alone whenever) - at times they can watch a movie, but me or my wife WANT to decide for them or limit it to certain options.

If I didn't my middle one would just be permanently watch Polar Express year round...the eldest would watch nothing but Monster High.

Obviously I don't let my kids watch whatever they want whenever they want. But, if it's Saturday afternoon and they want to watch a movie (we only have TV in common areas that are early monitored, other than the theater which is locked) they know how to do it. I don't need to take a phone call and remotely pull up a movie for them.

I don't need to take a phone call and remotely pull up a movie for them.

My point was more for the ability to do it within house, not the remote on. I still say it's nice to be able to do this from bed that sat morning, and yes I'm saying my kids know they're not allowed to start a movie themselves, though they can pick it on the tscreen with me and make their choice.

Could they? probably, could I teach them, sure. Not yet though :)

Plus, if the three of them have to decide amongst them selves what to watch, I'm forced to get up anyway to stop them fighting.... :lol:

Archived