C4 Forums | Control4

Play doesn't work on Lastest Version of Ipad App

I have a popcorn hour C-300 and synology nas with an ev driver When I press the icon on the ipad and press play nothing happens. It does work through the C4 remote. The only difference is I'm still on 2.5.1. I deleted the app and reinstalled but it made no difference.

Well I think I managed to recreate this, but would like to confirm with some of you, if I could get you cooperation..

Reason it took me a bit is because I don't normally use the main list - too many movies in there for me.

When trying to select a movie through there however, I can rarely get the play button to fire, though occasionally after repeated attempts it registers. Interesting here is that you do NOT see the little highlight the app normally does either.

HOWEVER, if I use genre and THEN select a movie, it works every single time AND you see that highlight show up.

Would some of you mind confirming that behavior? If I can get some added confirmation that would be great.

This would indicate an issue with the placement of the 'touch location' coordinates (as this moves around and depends on where the icon you selected was.

Note that this was also recreated on a 2.5.2 system now (2.5.3 app), and neither used any EV drivers - this is PURELY the app having the issue.

Thank you all for your patience as we have worked to reproduce and investigate this issue. The root cause of this issue has been identified and corrected, and will be available in the next release of the iOS app. A date has not yet been set for release, but you shouldn't be waiting too long.

For your information, this bug was introduced with the introduction of iOS 7. If your device isn't on iOS 7, you won't see it (hence the reason nobody is reproducing it on iPad 1). The problem is that a transparent layer is covering most of the play button. If you touch the very bottom of the play triangle icon, you will find that the button does work.

Thanks.

Ross Livingston

Control4

Archived