C4 Forums | Control4

Bullfrog Spa - Balboa Wifi Driver Beta

Love this!

i am trying to use this info to replace the balboa wifi module... So my question to you all is if you have been able to decode the actual communication from the balboa spa motherboard that goes into the wifi module. I can't figure out wetter it is RS 485 or RS 232... If it is RS232, the packets seem to be very different that the UDP stuff...

I basically want to replace the Wifi module with something better. A raspberry PI or Photon for example.

My wifi module died when I set it for WPS... I cannot find a way to reset the config....

• 4 months later...

I just ordered the Balboa Wifi module for my Bullfrog spa.... I actually have audio from my HC800 running into the audio system built into the tub so can play anything via Control4 in it.  Now it would be nice to be able to have C4 control the tub temperature for like Vacation mode programming and such.  Please let me know if this driver does indeed see the finish line.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 9:35 AM, drmark12pa said:

My dealer checked your link but did not see that actual driver needed for install listed.  Is there a driver listed on your page?

Pretty sure he is talking about Home Assistant, not C4?

27 minutes ago, turls said:

Pretty sure he is talking about Home Assistant, not C4?

Home Assistant I am not familiar with... I was hoping there was a specific driver for the Bullfrog Hot Tubs that Control4 could use for controlling and say setting up a vacation mode type of macro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.