C4 Forums | Control4

Window 8.1 version of Composer HE?

Billiam

I have been running the XP version of Composer HE under a Window emulation program on a Mac (VMware Fusion.) Works okay but is slow to load and is a mess to use.)

If I upgrade to a higher version of Windows (say 8 or 8.1 under the emulator) will Composer HE still work?  

I couldn't find any mention of what version of windows is required to run Composer and being a Mac guy I don't know if more recent versions of windows run older XP programs. 

Would LOVE a Mac version of Composer HE. There are many, many people out there with Macs.

There is no 'XP version of HE' - XP is the minimum requirement for Composer, but it works on all releases since - I use it on 8.1 daily.

And there are no, no Macs out there that run .NET framework in a way that is needed for Composer (beyond the obvious emulation of Windows). Until the program is completely redone from scratch don't expect to see it come out - hey maybe by the time we hit 3.0

The slowness of your VM is xp.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Thanks. (and to everybody else who answered.)

Like I said, I'm not a Windows guy. I feel like I've become my mother. "No, Mom, you don't lift up the mouse. Keep it flat on the table...")

Archived