C4 Forums | Control4

Annoying Video Flickering

Texans bill. What led lights are you using? Can you switch them so that they alternate colors for different holidays.

Thanks

Adam

Yes - I can make them be any colors or combination of colors that I like - Cowboy colors (my fav football team), UT colors, christmas colors etc. Then I can have them change colors - currently they are on a rotating 10 second color wheel.

Thanks Dan - 

OK - here is the answer - 

It appears that this only occurs on the Living Room Television.

It only occurs when these LED lights are on.

It occurs on all three inputs that I have to this TV (Sat 1 and Sat 2 and Blu Ray Player)

Does that tell me that this is definitely in the BALUN? If so - is it "bad"?  That does not seem to make sense in that it worked fine with the other Satellite dishes.

Bill

Yeah that would make me think Balun first and foremost. It may not be 'bad' as such, but it'll remain the easiest part to 'upgrade' to try and get rid of the issue.

I was speaking about my own personal video flashes and replacing my old balun with an HDbaseT one.  The old one still worked in another location, it was just susceptible to some electrical noise at that tv.  While I am from the great state of Texas, we are not the same person.  At least at the same time.  That I know of.

I was speaking about my own personal video flashes and replacing my old balun with an HDbaseT one.  The old one still worked in another location, it was just susceptible to some electrical noise at that tv.  While I am from the great state of Texas, we are not the same person.  At least at the same time.  That I know of.

Grin - no - not the same person - 

Now - Interesting - Sat2 on the living room TV will flicker SLIGHTLY - VERY slightly when the lights are on. 

So it is only the Sat 1 with the living room TV that messes up the BALUNS?

I tried lifting the ground on EVERYTHING on the TV side - and no difference.

I think that i may have to try the HDbaseT option.

Bill

• 1 month later...

OK - 

I thought it only fair since you all gave me so much of your time and effort to help me solve this - that I would report what was wrong and what the fix was.

The BALUNS were the culprit. ANYTHING that that company will flicker - we purchase BALUNS from a different company and they work a treat - no flicker.

Thanks,

Bill

Archived