C4 Forums | Control4

Basic knowledge for beginners

Thank you for your replies.

My brother is going have a dealership for control4 in India and he want me to go for the dealer training.I want to know what basic skill is required for this training or which programming language is behind control4.I just want to be prepaired for the trining please guide me.

• 5 weeks later...

The programming knowledge required is very basic to get going with C4. The Composer IDE doesn't allow boolean logic, code comments, in-line command editing to name just a few items that a developer would expect.  As Avleadtech suggests, excellent networking skills will be invaluable.

I do think however the future of custom integration lies in a more IT centric set of skills than the traditional AV background. So if you have solid IT / programming skills, you'll be well equipped.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi sorry for my slow responses

As we know its a 4 day training.But they only teach us how to use the composer software so there is no training for networking,hardware connection and how it works in the backend.They asked for suggestions at the last day and we suggested them to add more about networking and hardware connections.

Typically, people that are interested in becoming Control4 dealers, already have this kind of background working with electronics and building basic networks.  Control4 focuses on the software during training because that's how you make it all work.  They wouldn't possibly have the time to teach about all the hardware and how to build a network in these four days.  Plus, the hardware comes with instructions and also there are millions of different networking devices out there.

Archived