C4 Forums | Control4

New engraving method (as of April/May 2014)?

A little birdie told me that engravings are now better.  I haven't been happy with mine for some time (backlight doesn't appear to shine all the way through making the lettering hard to see).

I have recently made some keypad changes and wonder if perhaps now is the time to try out a new batch.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If the engraved buttons have improved, can you compare with the earlier style?

Thanks!

Is Engraving free? My old dealer got the theater ones engraved, but when he did the basement he never asked me what I wanted for the 6 button keypad at the top of the stairs.

Just curious...

No but the charge isn't much per key.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

^You quoted me $5 per key previously. Was that a typo or has the $$$ amount changed?

I need some keys for the new keypad dimmers.

^You quoted me $5 per key previously. Was that a typo or has the $$$ amount changed?

I need some keys for the new keypad dimmers.

Just depends how much I like you :)  Kidding.  I spoke without double checking.  MSRP is on the new stuff is $5.  MSRP on the old stuff (6 buttons, 3 buttons) is $3.50.  

I believe if customers are not happy with the older 

A little birdie told me that engravings are now better.  I haven't been happy with mine for some time (backlight doesn't appear to shine all the way through making the lettering hard to see).

I have recently made some keypad changes and wonder if perhaps now is the time to try out a new batch.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

If the engraved buttons have improved, can you compare with the earlier style?

Thanks!

I believe if you're unhappy with the engraving of your new generation lighting products, your dealer can ask for the order to be redone using the new engraving method at no additional cost. But I've not tried this yet so YMMV.

I've had a few re-done. The material on the back is thicker, I suppose to prevent LED bleeding through and to keep the backlighting more consistent. Like AK1 mentioned, contact your dealer and they'll be able to explain what options are available.

Archived