C4 Forums | Control4

Monitoring Water Tank/Cistern Level

I wanted to see if anyone has integrated any type of tank level monitoring into C4.  I recently added a cistern to capture rain run-off for reuse on our property and need to install a tank level monitor.  (There has to be an easier way than removing the lid and estimating the volume level).  I found a wireless monitoring device from a company called Aquatel, but wanted to see if anyone has integrated any type of system into C4.

Thanks

took a look at their products and doesn't look very promising. appears to be a closed system sensor to monitor with no outputs that i can see. im sure someone some where has a float with a contact that could be used but that would just give you one measurement unless you had several. good luck!

...(There has to be an easier way than removing the lid and estimating the volume level).

There is.  Drill/install two elbow fittings and attach clear tubing.  Tape a scale to the side of the tank with gal. units.  Done. 

took a look at their products and doesn't look very promising. appears to be a closed system sensor to monitor with no outputs that i can see. im sure someone some where has a float with a contact that could be used but that would just give you one measurement unless you had several. good luck!

Really?
Good work HouseLogix.

I decided to go with the Aquatel product and I am going to add the HouseLogix app as well.  Since the tank is underground, I needed a solution that gave me a reasonably accurate read.  Hopefully this works with few issues.

Thanks for the ideas and insights.

• 6 months later...

I decided to go with the Aquatel product and I am going to add the HouseLogix app as well.  Since the tank is underground, I needed a solution that gave me a reasonably accurate read.  Hopefully this works with few issues.

Thanks for the ideas and insights.

Hello , im just getting ready to install one of these ,aside from the fact the supplier sent me the monitor without serial port....did you manage to get yours working and whats your thoughts on it if so.

Sm

Archived