C4 Forums | Control4

Constant Freezing

I have a fairly large system with multiple controllers, many light switches, thermostats. The primary controller is a HC-500. Some of the services have been offloaded to a HC-300. The current system is at 2.2.4.

The system is freezing at almost regular intervals. Every 2-4 days, I have to pull the plug and reboot the devices. Scheduled events do not trigger and any custom programming stops working. I also noticed that I can no longer access my system when I'm outside the house.

If I can get to the logs, I'll upload them tonight or ASAP. Let me know of any suggestions or if I can help with any other information.

Thanks!

AJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your feedback.

Nothing has really changed other than the upgrade to 2.2.4. I'll run the network scan. Any suggestions for Mac s/w?

I have no idea what BT sync is. I do have a DiskStation that I use and is connected to the same switch. It doesn't seem to be having any issues with streaming movies and music over the wired network.

It is kinda disappointing that an upgrade is a possible solution to fix most problems. 

AJ

Well it depends on your capacity for trouble shooting. BT Sync (Google will provide you definition)  is indeed a possible culprit and exhibits the same symptoms with C4 systems you report. So you could actually do some of your own research on this issue starting with BT sync - this forum is a good place to start.  Or you could call a dealer or engage a remote integrator to troubleshoot this for you for a fee.

Doing an upgrade may work for you and may take less time than researching your setup. But you really don't have many upgrade options with this dated equipment.

Of course given the age of your equipment, one or more components may simply be failing.

• 5 weeks later...

FYI - A Black n Decker Zigbee Lock was removed from the system. After the upgrade to 2.2.4, it was orphaned and waiting to be added back but never. It seems like this may be the cause of the crashing.

Another possible suspect is the Nest driver. It was added to my project but I never installed the t-stat so maybe it was slowing things down.

Either way, now that both these drivers are gone, the controllers seem to be stable. It's been 4 days with no down time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived