C4 Forums | Control4

Apple TV IP Driver

doozer

Our first C4 driver is finished and ready for download!

We're very proud to present an IP driver for the Apple TV.  It support all 3 generations from the big silver one through to the latest shiny black atv3 model.

The driver DOES NOT require you to jailbreak the Apple TV.

Adds all the same commands as the IR remote:

• Cursor control (up/down/left/right)
  • Menu
  • Select
  • Play/Pause

Plus a few more:

• Jump to Home Screen
  • Context Menu
  • Play
  • Pause
  • Next
  • Previous
  • Shuffle
  • Repeat

The trial version is available for download from our website here:

http://mydevice.com.au/drivers.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=52&category_id=24

I would love to hear your feedback...

Cheers,

Matt.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the warm welcome Alan, I've definitely seen your name mentioned a few times while I was learning Lua :)

No problems. Yeah I've always tried to help those who want to learn driverworks. We're a rare breed and the more developers there are the better the system becomes.

Awesome.  Anyway to make the trial license longer than 60 minutes?  What version of C4 to you have to be on?

I assume you read you can just reboot your controller to get a new 60 minutes.  But that limit threw me too so I will be very careful what time I try this.

Can anybody summarize what this gets if anything feature wise vs the IR driver?  Not poo-pooing the effort here, but in the new world since C4 bought EV, this should really be a free driver.  It isn't even all about paying for it.  I'm afraid of long-term integration of Apple products and third party drivers.

I assume you read you can just reboot your controller to get a new 60 minutes.  But that limit threw me too so I will be very careful what time I try this.

Can anybody summarize what this gets if anything feature wise vs the IR driver?  Not poo-pooing the effort here, but in the new world since C4 bought EV, this should really be a free driver.  It isn't even all about paying for it.  I'm afraid of long-term integration of Apple products and third party drivers.

I missed that part.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Awesome.  Anyway to make the trial license longer than 60 minutes?  What version of C4 to you have to be on?

Once the trial expires, just restart your processor and you'll get another 60 minutes.  Rinse and repeat.

I wrote the driver against OS 2.6.

I haven't played with the IR driver, but I suspect the Jump to Home and Repeat/Shuffle control would be the main features.

Unfortunately I don't work for EV, nor do I work for free so I have to charge something for my time :)

The driver (and the original version I wrote for RTI) work on all 3 generations of the ATV and have never needed an update due to an ATV firmware update.  That said, it is an undocumented protocol so in theory yes its possible it could change.

Yes, its being worked on right now.  No ETA yet though.

But the RTI driver had two-way feedback right?  That's what the article from CEPro stated.  I was wondering about that--that makes it a lot more attractive.

But the RTI driver had two-way feedback right?  That's what the article from CEPro stated.  I was wondering about that--that makes it a lot more attractive.

Yes it does (although we do sell a 1-way version as well).

I've already written the code to obtain now playing metadata, but displaying such data in C4 is nowhere near as simple as it is with other platforms.

Yes it does (although we do sell a 1-way version as well).

I've already written the code to obtain now playing metadata, but displaying such data in C4 is nowhere near as simple as it is with other platforms.

Change to a satellite or cable proxy and lookup the notifications for the ipod proxy.  That'll work.

How do we purchase Old Boy - This will hopefully get me out a wee issue I have. 

Go to the web link in the first post.

Add the driver to the shopping cart, and pay for it.

Login to the "customer portal" (top right of our website) and enter your processor MAC address to generate a license code.

Archived