C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon FireTV IP Driver (Update)

We're pleased to announce the official release of our IP integration of the Amazon FireTV into Control4. This is something that has been highly requested of us since we released our free IR driver last year.

Not only is it quick and easy to setup and features very responsive controls, but our driver does not require hacking or rooting your device!

For more information, visit the HouseLogix Marketplace.

Update:
STEREO and DIGITAL_COAX outputs have now been added to the FireTV IP Driver. This feature makes it very easy for dealers to provide Amazon Prime streaming, and other streaming services, on an analog distributed audio system. However, you will need a digital to analog audio converter to complete the physical bindings.

Amazon FireTV IP Control4 Driver

What advantage does this offer over your IR driver besides not needing the IR bud?  I'm quite interested in this as I'm currently controlling two Amazon FireTVs with your IR driver and have been happy with it for the most part.  

No additional wires, speed. There's a lot more we can do with it, so future development will be focused on the IP version. We're about to release several more features that are pretty neat and you just can't do on IR. Stay tuned.

what version of director is required for this driver please? is it only 2.6 and above as most new releases seem to be?

thank you

2.5.3+

• 2 weeks later...

STEREO and DIGITAL_COAX outputs have now been added to the FireTV IP Driver. This feature makes it very easy for dealers to provide Amazon Prime streaming, and other streaming services, on an analog distributed audio system. However, you will need a digital to analog audio converter to complete the physical bindings.

Amazon FireTV IP Control4 Driver

It's already 2-way. The driver tracks power state, waking the device when you want to use it, and putting it to sleep when you're done. You can programmatically launch apps (keypad, SR250, etc). It also fires Control4 events when a specific app is selected. For example, 'when user selects Netflix on the FireTV' then -> 'lower shades, activate movie lighting scene'. And that can work from even the bluetooth remote.

I just got this installed in my system that has three FireTVs and one FireTV Stick.  Two of them were originally installed with the IR driver.  So far so good.  As some people say it just works.  I would definitely recommend to those of you that are using the FireTV or even thinking about getting one.  

Archived