C4 Forums | Control4

Integrating Control 4 Intercom to a Voip System

• 6 years later...

Reviving this old thread but wondering the same thing now - I can't find anything along these lines.  Essentially, we have a voip home line I'd love to get rid of the few cordless phones we have for that and shift it all into the touchscreens through a voip integration there (ideally via intercom).  Is there any way to do this?

8 minutes ago, Jimmyproton said:

can you explain here how ? im trying to do the same , connect a grandstream to  the intercom in c4

You use the generic sip agent and have your granstream connect to your control4 ip

You cannot connect Control4 Touch Panels to your phone system. However, you can connect your SIP phones to Control4. In other words, the SIP phones can be part of Control4 intercom system, but Control4 cannot be part of your phone system. Your phones are end points that can be connected to the PBX and Control4 at the same time. C4 touch panels can only be connected to C4 and can’t be end points to your phone system. 

Thanks guys - very helpful.  So I'm clear then - from a practical standpoint this means that you can setup your TSs/intercom devices to receive/answer calls from your voip phone system via the intercom - but you cannot initiate a voip phone system call from your TS/intercom devices?

Answering a call on the TSs/intercom devices would cover about 80% of what I'd like to do (get rid of handset clutter from home phone we nearly never use) but it would be nice if the TS could support calling out too.....

47 minutes ago, Dueport said:

Thanks guys - very helpful.  So I'm clear then - from a practical standpoint this means that you can setup your TSs/intercom devices to receive/answer calls from your voip phone system via the intercom - but you cannot initiate a voip phone system call from your TS/intercom devices?

Answering a call on the TSs/intercom devices would cover about 80% of what I'd like to do (get rid of handset clutter from home phone we nearly never use) but it would be nice if the TS could support calling out too.....

LOL!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2021 at 3:49 PM, eddy.trochez said:

You cannot connect Control4 Touch Panels to your phone system. However, you can connect your SIP phones to Control4. In other words, the SIP phones can be part of Control4 intercom system, but Control4 cannot be part of your phone system. Your phones are end points that can be connected to the PBX and Control4 at the same time. C4 touch panels can only be connected to C4 and can’t be end points to your phone system. 

in this case how can I initiate a call from the phone to the c4 t3 ?,, im able to call from the touchscreen to the phone but no from the phone to the t3s ,  , when im trying to do it it says that the number that I dialed doesn't match with   the dial plan.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.