C4 Forums | Control4

Hello for Newbie

Hello All, 

I have had my Control4 System installed for a few months now and am very excited about it.  After lurking around this forum for a while now it looks like a great resource.  I have learned so much just by rooting around here and can't wait to learn even more.  Unfortunately my dealer is very unresponsive to answering questions. I know they are very busy and don't like to be bothered with questions, etc.  I am glad I found this forum and have the opportunity to learn more about my system and see what it can do.  My system is running great and I have lighting controls on almost every switch in the house, speakers in most room, 2 surround sound areas, 7 tv's on the system, garage doors, and sprinkler system.  I am very happy, but it was kind of a vanilla installation as no advanced programming was done.  I am now learning more about what else can be done from a programming stand point from reading on this forum, but don't be too hard on me for dumb questions.  I would like to gain more knowledge so that when I call my dealer, I can ask for certain requests instead of just asking dumb questions.  Just wanted to say hello and thank you to all the participants.

If you have HE, you can try some of the programming yourself rather than asking your dealer. If he's unresponsive, there's some highly recommended dealers on here who can work remotely

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get Home Edition Composer.  You can then program your own stuff.

e.g.  Movie mode, when you hit play it dims the lights.  When you pause for some reason it brings them higher.  Then play again dims them to movie brightness.

Endless things you can do and will want to do.

e.g.  Double tap down can turn off my whole house.  

Thanks for alll the replies.   I plan on getting the Home Edition, just waiting on my dealer to give it to me.  Is it something that I can download and have him activate?  Didn't mean to give the wrong impression of my dealer.  They did an excellent job.   They walked me through the whole system, equipment, wiring, etc and explained everything.   They are just so busy that they can't come back and do any more work till they are through with other jobs.   They did program and install everything that was promised and paid for.  Now I just want more. I hope this doesn't turn into an addiction.

Hello - my name is C4Denver and I'm addicted to C4. I had 3 thoughts just today on how I might initiate new programming.... and have thought of other ways I might actually perform this programming between midnight and 2am so as not to engage negative pressure (wife)...  :(

enjoy!

Archived