C4 Forums | Control4

Outdoor Speakers

Hello, I'm going to get a C4 8-zone matrix amplifier installed in the next couple of weeks.  I have a good idea of which speakers that I'm going to use inside but I'm concerned with the outdoor speakers.  They will be located in two separate planters on the backside of the pool and will be exposed to direct rain.  I see that there are tons of outdoor speakers that are classified as "all-weather".  Does that mean that they are "resistant" to rain or that they are "water proof".  The wife doesn't like the look of the outdoor rock style so I'm looking at the bookshelf style.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions/help.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 2 AWR-650-SM Outdoor Rock Speaker in the flower beds by the pool, 2 AW-650 Outdoor Speaker mounted on the house and 2 Episode® Landscape Series Burial Subwoofer with 12 in. Woofer buried in the flower beds and it sound pretty awesome in my opinion.  The thing I would say is adding a subwoofer dramatically changes the "quality" of sound outdoors.  Lots of outdoor speakers sound great and get loud, but few have the bass.  Adding this will definitely set your system apart from others.

The good thing about whatever you choose you will probably love it and be happy you picked them.  Given you won't ever have anything else in your yard to compare them to, it will be hard for something to outperform them.

Archived