C4 Forums | Control4

New control4 controllers - EA series

uddinz

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. So if I don’t use sonos, what would one use for the audio? Sorry I know it sounds silly. How would you connect it and what devices? Can you please give me some examples for audio if not using sonos?

Thanks. I don’t have any ceiling speakers. That’s why I purchased a couple of sonos play 1’s. Triad one sounds interesting

You can still use the play one. You can also use a dumb amp and speakers.

The audio output of the EA is controllable so set the amp to what you want 100 to be and ramp the EA output from 0 to 100 if price of the triad one is a question.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm using the EA-5 for the whole home with the C4 UHD 6 x 6 Matrix Kit w/ Dolby Downmixing, Control4 16 channel Audio Matrix Switch, Control4 8 Zone Power Amp, Control4 EA-1, 6 x Qmotion QIS roller shades w/ Control4 integration, 2 x Glydea Drapery Track Systems (154" and 180" Center Draw) with the Somfy Zigbee to Digital Interface, 3 x Control4 wireless thermostats, 3 x Kwikset Smart code 916 Touchscreen Deadbolts, 9 x Control4 SR-260 remotes w/ charging stations, 4 x Control4 T3 in-wall touchscreens, 2 x Control4 T3 tabletop touchscreens, a bunch of the Control4 Card access Zigbee-to-IR modules, 4 x Luma IP Surveillance Turrets w/ IP Surveillance NVR 4TB, a bunch of Wattbox IP Surge Protection strips/compact IP power conditioners, 85 total of a combination of the C4 wireless keypad dimmers/C4 auxiliary keypad for 3-way control/C4 wireless fan speed controllers/C4 adaptive phase Dimmers with 105 engraved buttons with C4 1, 2, 3, & 4 gang faceplates, 3 x 55" racks, and Triad Silver in-wall and in-ceiling speakers all around the house, inside and outside. Drivers have been installed to control my pool equipment, security system (I can use one of the C4 touchscreens instead of a separate keypad), my garage door openers, along with some other things. 

I either already had all my A/V equipment, like TVs, pre/pros, amplifiers, UHD HDR DVD players, Nvidia Shields, Xboxes, Roku Ultra, etc or I bought things throughout the install, which started in April, from other places. I also have a QNAP TVS-882 and a QNAP TS-451+. This is my first Control4 system, which is being installed in a new house, so I'm not 100% familiar with all the functionality of the system. My network is all Ubiquiti UniFi, which includes a USG Pro 4, 24 port switch, 2 x 16 Port switches, 2 x 8 port switches, 5 x UniFi AC-AP-HD access points, and an outdoor AC Mesh AP. 

I have a lot of media on my QNAP TVS-882, but how can I integrate the media from this NAS onto my C4 system so I can access the media from the touchscreens? I have the Composer HE software, not the pro version, and I've been reading how to scan for media using the software but my NAS isn't listed on my system. Do I have to do anything specific so I can import media off my NAS? I've been reading as much as possible off this forum and the manuals that can be downloaded from the Control4 website, but I can't figure out how to set it up. Do I need a driver for my QNAP NAS or my UniFi equipment to be able to see it and import my media. If anyone has any suggestions how I can integrate my NAS onto my C4 system or can tell me where I can find this information so I can read up on it myself, I would really appreciate it. 

19 hours ago, rolldog said:

I'm using the EA-5 for the whole home with the C4 UHD 6 x 6 Matrix Kit w/ Dolby Downmixing, Control4 16 channel Audio Matrix Switch, Control4 8 Zone Power Amp, Control4 EA-1, 6 x Qmotion QIS roller shades w/ Control4 integration, 2 x Glydea Drapery Track Systems (154" and 180" Center Draw) with the Somfy Zigbee to Digital Interface, 3 x Control4 wireless thermostats, 3 x Kwikset Smart code 916 Touchscreen Deadbolts, 9 x Control4 SR-260 remotes w/ charging stations, 4 x Control4 T3 in-wall touchscreens, 2 x Control4 T3 tabletop touchscreens, a bunch of the Control4 Card access Zigbee-to-IR modules, 4 x Luma IP Surveillance Turrets w/ IP Surveillance NVR 4TB, a bunch of Wattbox IP Surge Protection strips/compact IP power conditioners, 85 total of a combination of the C4 wireless keypad dimmers/C4 auxiliary keypad for 3-way control/C4 wireless fan speed controllers/C4 adaptive phase Dimmers with 105 engraved buttons with C4 1, 2, 3, & 4 gang faceplates, 3 x 55" racks, and Triad Silver in-wall and in-ceiling speakers all around the house, inside and outside. Drivers have been installed to control my pool equipment, security system (I can use one of the C4 touchscreens instead of a separate keypad), my garage door openers, along with some other things. 

I either already had all my A/V equipment, like TVs, pre/pros, amplifiers, UHD HDR DVD players, Nvidia Shields, Xboxes, Roku Ultra, etc or I bought things throughout the install, which started in April, from other places. I also have a QNAP TVS-882 and a QNAP TS-451+. This is my first Control4 system, which is being installed in a new house, so I'm not 100% familiar with all the functionality of the system. My network is all Ubiquiti UniFi, which includes a USG Pro 4, 24 port switch, 2 x 16 Port switches, 2 x 8 port switches, 5 x UniFi AC-AP-HD access points, and an outdoor AC Mesh AP. 

I have a lot of media on my QNAP TVS-882, but how can I integrate the media from this NAS onto my C4 system so I can access the media from the touchscreens? I have the Composer HE software, not the pro version, and I've been reading how to scan for media using the software but my NAS isn't listed on my system. Do I have to do anything specific so I can import media off my NAS? I've been reading as much as possible off this forum and the manuals that can be downloaded from the Control4 website, but I can't figure out how to set it up. Do I need a driver for my QNAP NAS or my UniFi equipment to be able to see it and import my media. If anyone has any suggestions how I can integrate my NAS onto my C4 system or can tell me where I can find this information so I can read up on it myself, I would really appreciate it. 

Your dealer needs to add the network file share driver to the project, which will have a location to fill in the share's network address and user name/password if needed. After that, you can scan your media with HE.

What are the processor specs on the EA1?

i am looking to replace a 250 with an EA1 in my living room mostly so I can have a local navigator display for video cameras.

The 250 has a TV, Oppo, two Tivos and an Apple TV and runs some of the Zigbee network

i currently am using an EA5 through an HDMI switch fed to my LR AVR to see the front door camera.  It doesn't display a camera feed fast enough when the doorbell rings.  I am hoping that connecting an EA1 directly to the AVR will display the camera feed (via Jump command) faster.

Am I likely to see my camera feed display faster than it does now by swapping the 250 for an EA1 and bypassing the HDMI matrix for the navigator feed?

9 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

You could bypass the matrix navigator and use the 250 navigator with a extra hdmi cable and a (dealer) binding change.

The Jump command and full screen camera display isn't supported on the 250 which is why I changed the OSD to the EA5/HDMI matrix 

Archived