C4 Forums | Control4

Using audio inputs on EA-5

So i have a situation where i have C4 audio matrix (latest one) and im out of inputs.

I have one EA-5 that has all 3 outputs connected to audio matrix and would like to use audio inputs on EA-5.

Is this reliable solution, it would only be a projector with one hdmi source connected so that audio would be feed trough EA-5 to audio matrix...?

Thx

16 minutes ago, 9800pro said:

How much of a delay are we talking about here?

when talking about video and audio.. no delay is really acceptable..  imagine watching TV and the sound is not in sync with the people talking

Human brain will pick up on delays of 20ms - 80ms depending on the person.

Standards for TV/Video state the delay should be around 15-22ms.

The BARE minimum you can get a delay for is 200ms - though that's going FAR below the recommended levels (500-1200ms for most scenarios).

Trust me - you do NOT want to use it for video sources.

Human brain will pick up on delays of 20ms - 80ms depending on the person.

Standards for TV/Video state the delay should be around 15-22ms.

The BARE minimum you can get a delay for is 200ms - though that's going FAR below the recommended levels (500-1200ms for most scenarios).

Trust me - you do NOT want to use it for video sources.

Fascinating. Thank you.

Well, yes. Audio matrix isn't digitizing the audio. That process (any input used on a controller is available on ANY controller) is what causes the delay. The audio matrix' delay time is exteremyl minimal (indeed, often you'll find that you need to ADD delay to it as it;s faster than HDMI switching using HDBaseT etc)

8 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Well, yes. Audio matrix isn't digitizing the audio. That process (any input used on a controller is available on ANY controller) is what causes the delay. The audio matrix' delay time is extremely minimal (indeed, often you'll find that you need to ADD delay to it as it;s faster than HDMI switching using HDBaseT etc)

Great, thanks Cyknight.

Archived