C4 Forums | Control4

How to integrate Sonos?

I've been using the control4 amps and wirless music bridge as my main source when it comes to a control4 music system , but now another client says they only want Sonos system . 

They have 2 wireless Sonos play 3 , and I'm not sure how to integrate that. Do I need more hardware and which driver do I use ?

• 3 weeks later...

If the new controllers have Pandora, Napster, Tunein, etc. and those services are adequate for what you would use why is Sonos the way to go?  Is it beyond just the services in the the setup and usage is cleaner and more efficient? 

Thank you

Wireless?  I don't think C4 supports wireless. Last time I tried to make wireless player working I got problems with control (sonos worked great, C4 side was bad with wireless devices) 

12 hours ago, Control-IT said:

If the new controllers have Pandora, Napster, Tunein, etc. and those services are adequate for what you would use why is Sonos the way to go?  Is it beyond just the services in the the setup and usage is cleaner and more efficient? 

Thank you

If client wants more then one source, If there are few users want to stream same time, If client has an android and wants to stream music from his mobile device, (sharbridge for Apple only) he probably would like to have sonos.

4 hours ago, vitali said:

Wireless?  I don't think C4 supports wireless. Last time I tried to make wireless player working I got problems with control (sonos worked great, C4 side was bad with wireless devices) 

Sonos can be done wireless - but it's best NOT to use the Sonos' OWN wireless setup (indeed best to shu that off by default even if everything is wired), but have it use your 'house' WiFi - with or without C4: Sonos can cause numerous issues in any slightly more advanced network setup.

On 7/12/2016 at 0:41 PM, Cyknight said:

Sonos can be done wireless - but it's best NOT to use the Sonos' OWN wireless setup (indeed best to shu that off by default even if everything is wired), but have it use your 'house' WiFi - with or without C4: Sonos can cause numerous issues in any slightly more advanced network setup.

I mean, sonos for sure can be wireless. it works (I don't like to do it). But C4 didn't work well with wireless connected sonos units. C4 tech. support, told they do not support wireless connections (at least year ago I got that answer)

I shut off the Sonos net on any controller directly connected to the switch.  I have one Play 1 that I want to connect now to my wifi network.  When going into the advanced settings to select the wireless setup I get an error now.  It seems that I have to maybe leave the Sonos net enabled on 1 of the ethernet connected controllers? 

The problem is that the Sonos net won't reach the Play1 that we want to add to the network but there is an access point on that side of the house so we have full wifi signal to add it. 

Any ideas?  Was thinking of getting a Boost but would rather not.

Archived