C4 Forums | Control4

OPPO UDP-203 Driver Released

annex⁴

On 3/2/2017 at 7:23 AM, melgon said:

When are you going to implement the new "QHS" command for querying the HDR playback status ?

This new command was finally introduced with the new official release firmware for the UDP-203 a few days ago and would e.g. allow a Control4 programming step to switch a connected display or projector into a dedicated image preset (optimized for HDR-10) automatically when the HDR playback of content is detected.

https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-203/UDP203-firmware-38-0222.aspx

Thank you for this great driver.

Is there any update on when the "QHS" query command for HDR playback status will be implemented into the driver? I would like to use it to switch a HDR-10 capable projector into a dedicated image preset.

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, ChrisHeinonen said:

When using the driver (either IP or RS232), the UDP-203 will power on but hang on boot with the startup logo on the screen. If I manually power it off and then on with the Oppo remote after, it works fine. Has anyone else run into this behavior?

Firmware version?

Driver version?

Control4 version?

It happens using IP or RS232?

How was it previously turned off?

Is network standby enabled?

Does it do this everytime?

• 3 months later...

Due to some misinformation being spread on the internet and the dealer forums we want to reiterate this driver was developed in partnership with Oppo.  This is the reason it is linked to from their website.  It was built to an API provided by Oppo.  There will be an update coming shortly and a release of the driver for the 205.  Because the existing driver hasn't failed to function but has only required some feedback adjustments it has been delayed while some highly needed groundwork be put in place for future driver releases.

But again the driver works, has Serial and IP Control and not a single part of it's development was from any reverse engineering. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 5:13 PM, melgon said:

Is there any update on when the "QHS" query command for HDR playback status will be implemented into the driver? I would like to use it to switch a HDR-10 capable projector into a dedicated image preset.

Thank you very much.

Hello Annex4,

I have noticed that you have updated the OPPO driver to version 1.7.149.

It seems that the "QHS" command for querying the HDR playback status still has not been implemented unless I am missing something.

Thank you for this driver.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2017 at 7:45 PM, annex⁴ said:

Due to some misinformation being spread on the internet and the dealer forums we want to reiterate this driver was developed in partnership with Oppo.  This is the reason it is linked to from their website.  It was built to an API provided by Oppo.  There will be an update coming shortly and a release of the driver for the 205.  Because the existing driver hasn't failed to function but has only required some feedback adjustments it has been delayed while some highly needed groundwork be put in place for future driver releases.

But again the driver works, has Serial and IP Control and not a single part of it's development was from any reverse engineering. 

Can you provide an update on the release of the UDP-205 driver?

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2017 at 7:45 PM, annex⁴ said:

It has been 3 months since this post...Any update as to when will the UDP-205 driver will be available?

I had to manually update this driver, and it was on quite a newer level.  Is there any trick to getting the auto-update to work?

Also, as far as the Oppo 203 is concerned, has anybody had any trouble getting it to work on a wired network?  I've just left it on wireless, as it works, but I figured there was some type of firmware glitch and at this point, firmware updates have slowed down so I need to get serious about determining if I have a hardware issue or not...

5 hours ago, turls said:

I had to manually update this driver, and it was on quite a newer level.  Is there any trick to getting the auto-update to work?

Also, as far as the Oppo 203 is concerned, has anybody had any trouble getting it to work on a wired network?  I've just left it on wireless, as it works, but I figured there was some type of firmware glitch and at this point, firmware updates have slowed down so I need to get serious about determining if I have a hardware issue or not...

the 203 works fine wired

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.