C4 Forums | Control4

Analog cameras and replacing the NVR with one that works with Control 4

tims

Question

Hey guys, so I have a video system with 8 analog cameras. I would like to have a system that I can integration with my C4 system but I cannot rewire. I  would prefer to just install a new NVR and plug in my Analog cameras  but i would replace them also if needed. I would just love to have them shown on my TV if motion etc... or be able to see them in my C4 app. Thanks for your help guys!

7 answers to this question

You could accomplish this easily with a Lima surveillance DVR. It would connect to your analog cams and provide a stream visible within C4. If you're interested in one, shoot me a PM and I can get you pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 axis 241q encoders, that you would plug your analog feeds into / converting them to IP.

4 analog inputs each 1 cat 5 feed for each

http://www.axis.com/sa/en/products/axis-241q

I can do $110 for both plus you pay shipping if your interested

... drivers are in C4 and you get a free dns from axis to see them remotely without 4sight....

I can tell the OP right now that's going to be your least expensive option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/24/2017 at 0:00 AM, tims said:

So with either of these options will I be able to see the cameras remotely on c4 once hooked up and networked.  I am also looking for motion triggers to the c4 if away. Thanks guys

blue iris would be a good choice for motion triggers. the cost of the software, control4 driver, video card, and a pc. long term most versatile. because you can add many different types of cameras including usb cams and ip cameras to the system and build it up as you need/want. 

On 1/23/2017 at 7:25 AM, tims said:

Hey guys, so I have a video system with 8 analog cameras. I would like to have a system that I can integration with my C4 system but I cannot rewire. I  would prefer to just install a new NVR and plug in my Analog cameras  but i would replace them also if needed. I would just love to have them shown on my TV if motion etc... or be able to see them in my C4 app. Thanks for your help guys!

I have a couple of extra snapav wirepath nvr's  that work great with analog cameras and control4.   PM me if interested.

Archived