C4 Forums | Control4

Now that 1.7 is here, where is 1.7.1?

C4Newbie

Anyone have an ETA for this? I know it's supposed to add the new iPod Dock support, but what else? From what I've read, it was supposed to be middle of December. Any truth or rumors flowing?

What about 2.0!?! WHERE. THE. HELL. IS 2.0!! 1.7 CAME OUT 3 FREAKING DAYS AGO!!!

j/king man ;)

Watch and Listen are GREAT! You just press that one button repeatedly and it scrolls through your options for that location, and the options are displayed on the remote's screen (ie, Cable, DVD, VCR, etc) and which ever one you stop on, happens. Same for "Listen" (scrolls CD, iPod, XM, etc) then you just stop on what ever you want to happen. Very nice feature.

jason did you lose your mind? :)

that feature blows. not only is it not customizeable (the entire reason I invested in C4), but I dont need to cycle through anything. I need buttons to do multiple things at once (macros).

what situations are you using those for? I have yet to come up with 1...

I hope you've got some examples so I can get back to the usual assumption that Ive lost my mind.

they are able to be programmed. This will be implemented in 1.7.1 From what I understand, it will be automatic if you don't select anything from the list. So it will be the best of both worlds, at least when 1.7.1 comes out. So don't bash it yet. You may like it at the end.

Watch and Listen are GREAT! You just press that one button repeatedly and it scrolls through your options for that location, and the options are displayed on the remote's screen (ie, Cable, DVD, VCR, etc) and which ever one you stop on, happens. Same for "Listen" (scrolls CD, iPod, XM, etc) then you just stop on what ever you want to happen. Very nice feature.

i agree these buttons are awesome. like the man said, it scrolls through options for each...even better, and this was a trick for me prior to getting the sr-250, if you are in a room with both audio/video (like my multi purpose man room), you can put on the tv with sound, then push LISTEN and get it to put music or xm or rhapsody to replace the tv sound...great for poker night

c44me, it's a "one button press" solution vs the other 2 ways of accessing the system, which both require multiple (6 even) button presses to get what you want. If you want to watch TV, grab the remote and hit WATCH. Since TV is the first selection in the list, your done, 1 button press. DVD is the second selection, so 2 button presses (watch, watch) and off to the movies. Same for audio. My clients love it, as do I.

thanks jason. since it wasnt programmable I never bothered with it. I dont usually 'watch' or 'listen' without doing something else in conjunction (i.e. light level). that said there have been a handful of times I've done what you are describing.

• 2 weeks later...

The main reason to upgrade is for iPhone support (I know I have to buy the license) but I've also heard (but doesn't seem to be confirmed) that the upgrade may help my thermostats (zigbee) communicate better. I have repeaters throughout the house but I still can't consistently talk to all of the thermostats.

So, if there will be any additional enhancements in 1.7.1 (I also want to get the ipod dock), I think I would wait if it will be out soon. Especially since my dealer is so difficult to lock down and will of course charge me.

Supposed to be by the end of the year, but I don't know exactly, and how long they'll stay in backorder.

Sorry.

RyanE

Edited to Add: I also don't know for certain if they'll ship by EOY, only because I'm not on that project, etc. I think it will, but I don't have that info.

Archived