C4 Forums | Control4

Keep C4 remote synced with Voice Scene

jnjfreck

Hello,

I've recently programmed a few voice scenes for my A/V system using Alexa.  However, I can't keep the C4 remote synced to whatever I've activated through voice scene programming.  If I want to use the remote, I have to push the same buttons as if I've not used the voice control. 

Does anyone know what programming I can do to keep the remote synced to whatever voice commands I've used?

Thanks!

Can you upload a screenshot? I am assuming you are turning the tv on and putting it on a particular input instead of going to the room itself and selecting a source. If so, control4 does not know you are trying to engage that source so the remote is not reflecting it is active in the room

Delete all that programming

Instead on the right hand, got to the ROOM - click select video source and choose 'Theater Cable'

Done.

WHEN "Turn on Theater Cable" is received
Select Theater Cable as the Theater Video Source

What you're doing in that screenshot is bypassing the system in source selection, meaning the system has no way of knowing what you're doing.

19 hours ago, jnjfreck said:

Thanks!  That change worked.  Wish I had known that earlier.  Would have saved some headaches.  Remote is perfected synced now!

How could you not know, that is part of the fundamental basics of C4 programming and all covered as part of the prerequisite training? Are you a C4 dealer/installer or and end user who has somehow got the Composer Pro software?

Just interested, not having a go at you really.

9 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

How could you not know, that is part of the fundamental basics of C4 programming and all covered as part of the prerequisite training? Are you a C4 dealer/installer or and end user who has somehow got the Composer Pro software?

Screenshots are HE... Best way for an end user with HE to learn is to try, try again and ask questions! At least, that is how I learned (am learning!).

13 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

Sonic30101 is correct.  No problem.  Thanks for everyone helping.  I've ready quite a few threads and learned a lot from others questions.  Combining this tech is breakthrough in the way homes can be managed.

Thanks again.

Archived