C4 Forums | Control4

Any reason can't / shouldn't use two instances of "Stations"?

jfh

Question

My wife would like two icons for radio stations - one for actual AM/FM broadcast stations and one for Internet radio.

Any reason I can't or shouldn't have more than one instance of "Stations" in the project?

9 answers to this question

5 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I can’t see a reason not too... I have multiple instances of whatever it is that creates TV channels in my project for a similar reason

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.  If you do it with "Channels", I'm sure it will be ok since they appear to be similar in operation.

Do you have different Channels instances to separate by type  (e.g. Antenna, Cable , Satellite)?

5 hours ago, jfh said:

Thanks. That's what I was thinking.  If you do it with "Channels", I'm sure it will be ok since they appear to be similar in operation.

Do you have different Channels instances to separate by type  (e.g. Antenna, Cable , Satellite)?

I believe there are options to sort the channels from within the cloud when you are using the navigator.

7 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

No, you cannot have more than one instance of c'stations' (or channels, of my music or my movies) and sort where each gets it's information from. HOWEVER the user interface interface allows you to sort it - or should.

I want to have one instance of Stations where I only show AM and FM and one that shows Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc.(specified in sub menus).  Is that ok?  Given SA's comment above, that would seem to work.

i don't necessarily want to sort the actual selections.  That would be nice, but they don't seem to populate in any particular order and changing the order in navigation has no effect on the display order.

46 minutes ago, jfh said:

I want to have one instance of Stations where I only show AM and FM and one that shows Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc.(specified in sub menus).  Is that ok?  Given SA's comment above, that would seem to work.

i don't necessarily want to sort the actual selections.  That would be nice, but they don't seem to populate in any particular order and changing the order in navigation has no effect on the display order.

No, you can't - Stations get auto populated, you do not have control over where they 'pick' their stations from. There is sorting by 'source' available in the interface though, which divides into whatever the source is (ie TuneIn, Sonos, SiriusXM, Pandora etc.

MAYBE you can add multiple 'Station drivers, manually in each interface set them to use only one source and it'll hold (until reboot) but.....

On 10/22/2017 at 2:59 PM, jfh said:

What I am doing is actually slightly different from what you are doing. I have two Satellite instances (and duplicate boxes) and different channels linked to each so that if one chooses a kids channel it uses Satellite box 1 and any other channel (e.g. sports) it uses the other box.  My dealer told me this was not possible but I got him to add the extra satellite driver and connect it and then I fiddled.  I did this to stop a kid using “Channels” changing the channel on  my TV or our Theate room projector.

Archived