C4 Forums | Control4

Adding Dish Channels as Audio station

pdapice

Question

I have a Dish Receiver connected to my project that shows up in navigator under the "listen" section.

it works fine, but i have to manually enter the music channels by number. I wanted to add just a few stations to the listen section, but can't seem to get them to show up

I have manually entered a few in the "media" section of composer, specified them as "audio only" and even added artwork (see photo)

but they still do not show up anywhere in the listen section of composer.

am i doing this wrong or is it just not possible?

media1.JPG

18 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

This would SEEM like the driver isn't set to go pas three digits

i think you may be on to something. I did a search for channels which produced a huge list, quite a lot are 4 digits and i added a few and none work. DANG!

now ...how can i work around this. there has to be something that can be done

ok, so here is where i am at so far...getting closer but still no cigar.

the MSP driver does not try to tune to the audio only channels, but the regular driver does. 
so far i have found that it works on most channels marked as audio only....except for the xm stations - which was the point to the whole thing! :-)

so here is a successful station tuning (i set up HBO as an audio only just for testing - and i blanked my receiver id

[<----  MSP  ]: ON (CONNECT: 1)
[<----  MSP  ]: SET_CHANNEL (CHANNEL: 300, INPUT: 1002)
SendNext[6001]: [KEYPRESS_Power On/R1946905677-93]: {"stb":"R11111111","command":"remote_key","key_name":"Power On","receiver":"R111111111","tv_id":0}
[---->  MSP  ]: ON, { }
OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001/443]: OFFLINE
Channel found (true): 300 -> 61840
SendNext[6001]: [SET_CHANNEL/R111111111]: {"receiver":"xc12321321321","cid":"2004","command":"tune_ch_xip_v2","force_tune":false,"svc":61840}
OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001/443]: ONLINE
SET_CHANNEL reply: {"result":1,"svc":61840,"tuned":true}

so that shows what it should do

here is what happens when i try an XM channel (and i tried both 9909 and 09909 - both work if keyed manually on the remote)

[<----  MSP  ]: ON (CONNECT: 1)
[<----  MSP  ]: SET_CHANNEL (CHANNEL: 9909, INPUT: 1002)
Channel found (false): 9909 -> 9909
OnConnectionStatusChanged[6001/443]: ONLINE
[---->  MSP  ]: ON, { }
SendNext[6001]: [KEYPRESS_Power On/R1946905677-93]: {"stb":"R111111111","command":"remote_key","key_name":"Power On","receiver":"R111111111","tv_id":0}
SendNext[6001]: [SET_CHANNEL/R111111111]: {"receiver":"xc123123123132","cid":"2004","command":"tune_ch_xip_v2","force_tune":false,"svc":"9909"}
Reply Result: 0 (Unknown) - {"result":0,"svc":0,"tuned":false} Cmd: {"receiver":"XC123123123","cid":"2004","command":"tune_ch_xip_v2","force_tune":false,"svc":"9909"}
SendNext[6001]: [SERVICES_LIST/R111111111]: {"receiver":"xc123123123","cid":"2004","command":"services_list_xip","start_svc":"0","size":"0"}

so either the driver, or the receiver are coming up with a channel found value of "false" when trying to tune these channels.

anyone have any ideas? the driver is encrypted so i can't edit it...

Sadly, I haven't gotten this to work fully yet. it seems that since my dish receivers have a connection as a video source, my "audio only" stations will not work

to elaborate:
i have the hopper connected via HDMI to my receiver as shown in my previous post
i then connected the coax analog connections into my audio matrix switch

so far so good. when i select the dish as an audio source in any room, everything connects as it should and from there i can manually key in whatever channel i want
then, as my original post stated, i wanted to have channels in my media section. connecting the cloud gets that to work fine. however, the actual channel changes never occur.

the driver sees the request but does not issue a change channel command. so i added a channel that was NOT "audio only" this now moved from the "stations" section to the "channels" section. and it works fine. but the audio only channels still do not work and the other channel that is not audio only, shows up only in the "watch" menu

i thought about making a bogus video connection into all of the rooms so that i can fool the driver into thinking i am "watching" those channels, but then if i want to switch to pandora or other music, i will have to switch over to the listen menu which seems a bit ghetto.

then i thought, maybe i can do some programming to just change the channels on the dish when i select the shortcut, but i don't see any programming variables or events that correspond to selecting a station, or even just selecting a dish channel

if anyone has some insight on this it would be appreciated!

thank you again

1 minute ago, pdapice said:

yes! that was it!

it was a little different, i have to connect the RF from the dish, to the "dish media" part of the driver. but that was all that needed to be done!
i have to test it, but at least the stations are showing up in navigator now

thanks @msgreenf you really are an asset to this board (you too @sonic30101 !)

well isn't that what we are here for :) Glad you got it

3 hours ago, msgreenf said:

You see where it says rf dish. That's the cloud connection. Connect thst to the channels and refresh navs

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

yes! that was it!

it was a little different, i have to connect the RF from the dish, to the "dish media" part of the driver. but that was all that needed to be done!
i have to test it, but at least the stations are showing up in navigator now

thanks @msgreenf you really are an asset to this board (you too @sonic30101 !)

I still don't know what the "cloud" is, if you could provide some info on that it would be helpful

keep in mind, everything works if i key in the channel numbers, there just isn't any listing of the channels that i set up.

i have the audio out connected to my matrix switch, and it does work as intended

conn1.JPG

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:

actually looking at your screenshot it looks like you are doing it correctly but I bet the cloud isn't bound properly to the driver

could you elaborate? what should i change or do to get it bound properly?

31 minutes ago, pdapice said:

they don't show up as video channels either though. i figured since there was an "audio only" checkbox that it would let the system know it was an audio connection. otherwise why have that checkbox at all?

actually looking at your screenshot it looks like you are doing it correctly but I bet the cloud isn't bound properly to the driver

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

Cause they are not audio sources they are video sources

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

they don't show up as video channels either though. i figured since there was an "audio only" checkbox that it would let the system know it was an audio connection. otherwise why have that checkbox at all?

I suspect you need to go the room you want in Monitoring (HE) and unhide something in the listen menu... I am not sure what needs to be unhidden, but unhiding everything should work (remember to refresh navigators).  You can then hide things again (one by one) that you don’t want and check after hiding each one that you have not lost your audio channels again.

Archived