C4 Forums | Control4

What's the best Apple 4K TV driver?

wappinghigh

I mean if the documentation was updated and the date of the driver updated to a date more reflective of the new 4K AppleTV, or the driver renamed to AppleTV4K or something maybe there wouldn't be an issue with anybody finding the right driver - dealers could just bang on find the right driver and all would be sorted and no need for all these "different" confusing versions..

The (old) IP driver I have mentioned already has been working rock solid at my place on two 4KATV's for a month since the binding issues were sorted.

Cheers.  

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean if the documentation was updated and the date of the driver updated to a date more reflective of the new 4K AppleTV, or the driver renamed to AppleTV4K or something maybe there wouldn't be an issue with anybody finding the right driver - dealers could just bang on find the right driver and all would be sorted and no need for all these "different" confusing versions..
The (old) IP driver I have mentioned already has been working rock solid at my place on two 4KATV's for a month since the binding issues were sorted.
Cheers.  
Why are you worried about dealers? Worry about yourself

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Why are you worried about dealers? Worry about yourself

No you've got it all wrong.

I'm doing fine thanks.

I am more worried why the feedback hasn't got back to people who could change it to make it better for everyone

Why hasn't the feedback got back?

Clearly lots of dealers have followed this thread.... many have even made comments...

Why is it that nobody (not one of them), has clearly bothered to notify anyone at C4 central to get the documentation and driver date updated?

No you've got it all wrong.
I'm doing fine thanks.
I am more worried why the feedback hasn't got back to people who could change it to make it better for everyone
Why hasn't the feedback got back?
Clearly lots of dealers have followed this thread.... many have even made comments...
Why is it that nobody (not one of them), has clearly bothered to notify anyone at C4 central to get the documentation and driver date updated?

Have YOU taken the time to notify Control4? They do have a Contact Us section on their website. If you want to get a message to them I think that’s a better way than by posting on a forum that is owned and very loosely ran by a guy who used to be a dealer of their products.

Come on man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been watching this thread for a while, and i hate to say it but in my honest opinion, any dealer that has trouble carrying out this simple integration probaly shouldnt be a dealer in the first place. The tools and documentation are there albeit a little dated, there skillset as a dealer should be able to work it out. Thats my thoughts!

Is that actually the case with this specific driver though? Does it?

Why don’t you go grind your axe with someone who cares or can make the change you want?

All these people you bitch to all day about driver documentation, Hollywood, HDCP, blah blah blah are END USERS of Control4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. I don't care what the dealers around here all think.

I believe it is an important change. 

Are you suggesting a fresh set of eyes (perhaps unbiased with a previous way of "doing things" like adding a new driveraren't useful for others? 

Or the long term ease of use of the product? 

Sure. I don't care what the dealers around here all think.
I believe it is an important change. 
Are you suggesting a fresh set of eyes (perhaps unbiased with a previous way of "doing things" like adding a new driveraren't useful for others? 
Or the long term ease of use of the product? 
No one is saying that. What we are trying to say is you complain to people that aren't empowered to make changes

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

No one is saying that. What we are trying to say is you complain to people that aren't empowered to make changes

Aren't you empowered and in the position to make changes? Be pretty sad if any dealer found themselves in a position whereby they couldn't make a change... 

msgreenf are you able to check if that docs tab in the AppleTV driver links to the KB you mentioned? and answer my previous question? thanks. 
It doesnt. That isn't how the doc tab works. Cy knows that. He was saying that it would be nice

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

It doesnt. That isn't how the doc tab works. Cy knows that. He was saying that it would be nice

Great well here is hoping all you dealers get that put into the next update of Pro.. Might be a good thing to do.  Cheers. 

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Correct which whas easily inferred as such - though perhaps it would have been clearer if I said there should just be a link IN the docs tab, not that the docs tab tself links or loads to the kb article.

1 minute ago, wappinghigh said:

Great well here is hoping all you dealers get that put into the next update of Pro.. Might be a good thing to do.  Cheers. 

Which just shows me you do not understand how things work, so should not complain on how it works in the first place.

28 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Which just shows me you do not understand how things work, so should not complain on how it works in the first place.

Who cares man? Just make it easy for everyone.

Why are you being critical of me for passing ideas on that would make it easier for everyone? What is wrong with you guys that you so arrogantly think you have all the answers on how to use a platform and software. And why does it take someone like me with fresh eyes (unbiased to all the training manuals etc) to suggest such a useful change? You guys should have done that already and C4 should have a process of feedback in place from you guys that makes it happen. It clearly doesn't or things like your useful tabs link suggestion would have happened already. 

10 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

No one is being critical of your ideas. We are critical of the fact that you ASSUME we can change things.  We can't

Well that's sad. It really is. You guys are the linch pin of feedback to the company for sure. You hear what the end user thinks about the product. 

Archived