C4 Forums | Control4

What's the best Apple 4K TV driver?

wappinghigh

2 hours ago, carl01 said:

I have been watching this thread for a while, and i hate to say it but in my honest opinion, any dealer that has trouble carrying out this simple integration probaly shouldnt be a dealer in the first place. The tools and documentation are there albeit a little dated, there skillset as a dealer should be able to work it out. Thats my thoughts!

Acctually as an extension to this, i remember not so long ago drivers purchased from a certain developer and probaly others would contain a statement in the notes along the lines of “benchtest this driver in office before deployment in the field”, this should be instilled into dealers more often i think. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wappinghigh said:

Who cares man? Just make it easy for everyone.

Why are you being critical of me for passing ideas on that would make it easier for everyone? What is wrong with you guys that you so arrogantly think you have all the answers on how to use a platform and software. And why does it take someone like me with fresh eyes (unbiased to all the training manuals etc) to suggest such a useful change? You guys should have done that already and C4 should have a process of feedback in place from you guys that makes it happen. It clearly doesn't or things like your useful tabs link suggestion would have happened already. 

Who cares? I care. I care about prioritizing things. I care about coming up with solutions, not problems. I care about improving the overall product, not a single driver (that WORKS regardless of what you keep assuming/saying). I care about FOCUS on things that can actually be changed, not fighting some ethereal 'entity' - or even 'blaming' that entity for all my problems.

37 minutes ago, carl01 said:

Acctually as an extension to this, i remember not so long ago drivers purchased from a certain developer and probaly others would contain a statement in the notes along the lines of “benchtest this driver in office before deployment in the field”, this should be instilled into dealers more often i think. 

This IS part of the basic training information, and something you'll often hear techsupport state as well. Not just drivers, but also more complex programming work.

But yes a lot of dealers/technicians could benefit from doing that more consistently.

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2018 at 3:04 AM, eazytv said:

Just registered as I am experiencing the same issues.

Have a ATV4 and now the ATV4k up and running, controlled by my HC800 via IP commands. All the apps are working just fine with he SR-250 remote control BUT one - and it might be the same like @Luis Guilherme is using: MrMC. MrMC is a KODI fork and officially available in the Apple app store.

The issue is that the OK/Select button is unresponsive while playing a video. Going through the menus it works just fine. While doing the same with Apple's remote app everything works as expected. So I assume there is indeed something wrong with the repeat rates in the C4 driver.

There is a "Light" (at no cost) version of MrMC available in the app store. Just in case anyone wants to try out the issue.

Can anyone confirm that the problems are gone with the driver version attached above by @jesseasmith?

I use this driver daily and have full control of all my apps.

Also, here is a new updated driver, with the navigator graphics fixed. Some smartphone/tablet devices won't show the Apple TV logo with the old driver. The new version (3) has all the corrected graphics and codes. You can update with Manage Drivers for ease as well.

Apple_TV_V4_HC.c4z

Apple_TV_V4_Custom.c4z

On 1/2/2018 at 6:34 AM, wappinghigh said:

No you've got it all wrong.

I'm doing fine thanks.

I am more worried why the feedback hasn't got back to people who could change it to make it better for everyone

Why hasn't the feedback got back?

Clearly lots of dealers have followed this thread.... many have even made comments...

Why is it that nobody (not one of them), has clearly bothered to notify anyone at C4 central to get the documentation and driver date updated?

You know what? I just read through this entire thread, which I came to initially because I just bought an Apple 4k TV, but I couldn't stop reading this thread just to see what other nonsense you would say and how others would react. On average, after you ask a question, someone responds with a very clear answer, and then you reply 3+ times about nothing. In this last post, when you ask why no one has notified C4 about updating the documentation tab of the driver, I can only ask if you've contacted C4 directly via their feedback link on their website, as someone else mentioned? It just seems to me like you would rather complain and discuss things like HDCP 2.2 along with other things, that are way beyond anyone's control, and you can't find 5 minutes out of the last 6 months to fill out a feedback form on Control4's own website. This thread would only be one page if I could remove all of your comments/opinions, which provide nothing of importance. I'll make sure not the open any more threads that you start.

Archived