C4 Forums | Control4

What's the best Apple 4K TV driver?

wappinghigh

I wrote custom Apple TV IR drivers. I have an IR with custom composer icons, and GUI icons, including the ability to "wiggle" home screen icons, and "jump" back home. (equivalent of pressing and holding "menu"). They're instant, work perfectly, no IP configurations, and can scroll with ease, and blow the IP driver out of the water.

I have four versions of my driver. HC series controllers for both Apple TV, and Apple TV v4/4K, and EA series controllers for Apple TV, Apple TV v4/4K, and a custom code set if you ever want to learn custom codes into the Apple TV.
I don't understand why you would need 4 versions?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought an applet tv 4k and i installed kodi on it. Does anyone know why only at kodi app my enter button doesnt work? 

if i come back to appletv home screen all buttons on my sr250 works but at kodi app does not!!!

is there a way to fix that issue?

My apple tv is perfectly paired with the latest ip driver.

15 hours ago, Luis Guilherme said:

I just bought an applet tv 4k and i installed kodi on it. Does anyone know why only at kodi app my enter button doesnt work? 

if i come back to appletv home screen all buttons on my sr250 works but at kodi app does not!!!

is there a way to fix that issue?

My apple tv is perfectly paired with the latest ip driver.

Been hoping for this to be fixed for over a year :( 

On 12/5/2017 at 8:10 PM, thecodeman said:

He's just showing off. :P But seriously, the OCD of having the 4 drivers matches Jesse's personality IRL so...:blink:

No! The Zigbee controller in the HC series processors can sometimes act differently, so the codeset and repeat rate is different. Also, there's different drivers for the older Apple TV, and the Newer Apple TV's with updated Play/Pause buttons. And then lastly, one custom codeset for those who want to "Learn" in a custom remote to the Apple TV. All with Composer and GUI custom icons.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:44 AM, Luis Guilherme said:

do you know what is the issue? technically? 

i have a friend who is a developer and maybe i can ask him to try to solve this.  he`s very busy but if someone knows if anyone tried before it might be easy to ask him. he`s very skillful and solve a lot of drivers problem before. 

The repeat rate and Play/Pause commands are different. There's nothing to "solve" or "develop".

• 4 weeks later...

Just registered as I am experiencing the same issues.

Have a ATV4 and now the ATV4k up and running, controlled by my HC800 via IP commands. All the apps are working just fine with he SR-250 remote control BUT one - and it might be the same like @Luis Guilherme is using: MrMC. MrMC is a KODI fork and officially available in the Apple app store.

The issue is that the OK/Select button is unresponsive while playing a video. Going through the menus it works just fine. While doing the same with Apple's remote app everything works as expected. So I assume there is indeed something wrong with the repeat rates in the C4 driver.

There is a "Light" (at no cost) version of MrMC available in the app store. Just in case anyone wants to try out the issue.

Can anyone confirm that the problems are gone with the driver version attached above by @jesseasmith?

Has the documentation in the "offical/unofficial" Control4 IP driver been updated to reflect the different GUI of the 4KAppleTV yet? 

The GUI/submenus etc of the 4K AppleTv (compared to the previous 1080p version of the Apple TV) are laid out differently and the older documentation attached to the driver was confusing in describing the binding process.

Have dealers passed that back to C4 Central to have this rectified? 

Cheers

Rock on C4 and happy new year! 

5 minutes ago, wappinghigh said:

Has the documentation in the "offical/unofficial" Control4 IP driver been updated to reflect the different GUI of the 4KAppleTV yet? 

IDK what you mean by "official/unofficial" but the control4 driver that Control4 writes has not been updated

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

IDK what you mean by "official/unofficial" but the control4 driver that Control4 writes has not been updated

Well I can't remember if it was an offical (that is "certified") driver or not that's all..

Maybe that is why the documentation issue has not been addressed?  

3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

you are asking the wrong people in the wrong place.  But ulitmatly, as I said before, I BELIEVE, there is nothing to update.  

Huh? Isn't this a forum for Control4 users to pass back feedback?

If you check at the start of the thread you will notice I started this thread well over a month ago...

What do you mean there is "nothing to update"?

I just said the documentation was old and was  incorrect. You confirmed it hadn't changed. 

And you believe that there is still nothing to update? I don't get that. Sorry  

Just now, wappinghigh said:

Huh? Isn't this a forum for Control4 users to pass back feedback?

If you check at the start of the thread you will notice I started this thread well over a month ago...

What do you mean there is "nothing to update"?

I just said the documentation was old and is now incorrect.

And you believe that there is still nothing to update? I don't get that. Sorry  

This is NOT A forum to pass anything to Control4.  This is NOT an official Control4 place at all.  

And yes, I personally believe that because the screens look different, it's not a reason to update.

Question for you, do you think this is a forum to fight with everyone?

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

This is NOT A forum to pass anything to Control4.  This is NOT an official Control4 place at all.  

And yes, I personally believe that because the screens look different, it's not a reason to update.

Question for you, do you think this is a forum to fight with everyone?

I wasn't fighting with anyone.

I simply asked if the driver documentation had been updated to reflect the new 4KATV GUI and submenu layout that's all.. 

Archived