C4 Forums | Control4

Biometric Finger scanners

rf9000

Guys,

I thought it would be cool to add some biometric finger scanners to my system. Do you guys know of some ideas of where these can be implemented? It seems like kind of a waste to have it setup where you scan your finger and then thereafter it tells a Control4 lock mechanism to unlock/lock. But I suppose that is the only way to lock and unlock a door as the scanner itself is more like a standalone unit that just sends messages to the C4 controller?

2N make a standalone access control unit that can be biometric, or keypad, or rfid, whatever you choose, and it has its own switch built in so it can connect to the lock and release it. Its a PoE device so it just needs a cat cable. As 2N make the DS2 for Control4, it can be supplied in the same colour/finish as the intercom if they have one

the ACU doesn't have a driver for C4 as they are typically standalone, but as it has an enhanced integration licence supplied as standard with it, you can create automation strings on the ACU to send http messages back to the C4 system if you want it to perform extra actions when an entry is granted or denied (lights on, camera pop on screen, make a noise etc)

i would assume that one could develop an iphone app that uses the built in touchid to verify your identity and then sends an IFTT or text message or otherwise interfaces with the rest of the world and this could be used to trigger events in C4 based on touchid.

right?

1 hour ago, pfissure said:

i would assume that one could develop an iphone app that uses the built in touchid to verify your identity and then sends an IFTT or text message or otherwise interfaces with the rest of the world and this could be used to trigger events in C4 based on touchid.

right?

Anything is possible. Are you offering?

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.