C4 Forums | Control4

Was told that i can continue to use C4 on old app and phone with older version

Hi,

I understand that recently c4 has upgraded the system to suit newer iphone and android version. 

However i was told by the dealer that so long as i maintain the old ios version i can still continue using it without having to upgrade.

But this is not the case. Im denied access despite changing password mulitple times to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

So may i ask why is this so? And it seems like im forced to upgrade my system when there isn't a need to , if not i wouldn't be able to use it.

Anyone able to help and solve the problem? 

Thanks! 

25 minutes ago, Troubled consumer said:

Hi,

I understand that recently c4 has upgraded the system to suit newer iphone and android version. 

However i was told by the dealer that so long as i maintain the old ios version i can still continue using it without having to upgrade.

But this is not the case. Im denied access despite changing password mulitple times to make sure everything runs smoothly. 

So may i ask why is this so? And it seems like im forced to upgrade my system when there isn't a need to , if not i wouldn't be able to use it.

Anyone able to help and solve the problem? 

Thanks! 

Hmmm.

I'm assuming you are on 2.5.3 or below. If BELOW you WILL have to update to 2.5.3 due to a recent certificate update AND make sure it's got that certificate patch run. In that scenario you SHOULD be able to use the old app on older iOS versions with 2.5.3 systems.

Upgrading anywhere from 1.8 up to 2.5.3 should have no hardware limitations. If you're on a version before that....there may be hardware issues depending on what you have - if so well I hate to break it to you but you're using software that's over 10 years old, and hardware as old or older -  you're going to find limitations.

IF on the other hand, you are on 2.6 or up - you MUST use the newer app, which will not run on some older devices (as in, really old ones)

2 minutes ago, Troubled consumer said:

Model of the controller is HC250-BL. 

Ios version 9.0.1

Android version 8

Ah, so you're certainly above 2.0 in sofware version - but the rest above still stands, you need to either go to 2.5.3 OR you're on 2.6 or above where you WILL have to get something that can run the newer app.

Note by the way that this is NOT anything recent as far as the app is concerned, 2. is when that came out and that is now years ago. The mentioned certificate patch IS more recent however, within the last year

Sorry i don't quite understand all these. How do i " go to 2.5.3 or 2.6"?  So does it mean that i definitely have to pay and upgrade my version of the system ? I still have the older app in my phone , i can't continue using it? 

And if so does it also mean that moving forth everytime there's a software update i will have to pay to update the system via the dealers? 

Sorry for the amatuer questions . 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived