C4 Forums | Control4

22 TV's

I went through a similar process earlier this year.  I was set on Sony all around, but Best Buy had a great incentive on the LGs and tipped me over the edge to purchase all OLED including the brilliant 75" OLED.  I was initially concerned about no-IP control, but as my installer reminded me, all that we used the control for is power on and off and volume.  Chanel switching, source changing, etc are all done back in the closet.

Because of specific room requirements, I made 3 exceptions:
1 sunbrite for the outdoor patio
1 Sony mounted behind a mirror and thinnest
1 Samsung curved which coincidentally mounted perfectly on the round wall (i never thought I would get a curved TV)

Someone commented earlier about the magic remote.  To each their own I suppose, but my son prefers the magic remote over all others.  He uses the native apps such as youtube, netflix, hulu, etc.  Very seamless for his use case.  Being able to type with the cursor and scroll with the wheel is perfect.  The C4 remote is a paperweight on his nightstand.

1 hour ago, tcwalker5 said:

I went through a similar process earlier this year.  I was set on Sony all around, but Best Buy had a great incentive on the LGs and tipped me over the edge to purchase all OLED including the brilliant 75" OLED.  I was initially concerned about no-IP control, but as my installer reminded me, all that we used the control for is power on and off and volume.  Chanel switching, source changing, etc are all done back in the closet.

I know I am looking at a new TV and pushing for IP control for aesthetics.  I did not want an IR bud and that little wire creeping around the bottom of my TV.  so I am looking for TV's that can be IP or RS232 controlled so visually it just looks nice.

3 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I know I am looking at a new TV and pushing for IP control for aesthetics.  I did not want an IR bud and that little wire creeping around the bottom of my TV.  so I am looking for TV's that can be IP or RS232 controlled so visually it just looks nice.

All TVs I purchased are either IP or RS232, so I don't have any IR buds showing.  That was also my primary reason for not wanting IR, and input delays.  The RS232 is perfectly acceptable.

Archived