C4 Forums | Control4

1.7.2.160 is released

The ELV dimmer, if and when it comes out, is for low voltage applications. There's also a "minimum start load" feature according to the documentation that can be applied.

On my system, the polling button and ability to change the rate didnt go away, but now there's an option for as low as 500ms.

*edit* I am crazy, and polling is gone completely in 1.7.1.290.

Strange, as I read the release notes before the isntall that mentioned all the fun stuff... re-downloading here at work.

*edit* It is gone when I load it remotely from my work PC, but I swear it was there last night. Did I open 1.7.1 by accident? Who knows.

So would I want the update simply for the polling feature (i.e. to increase overall speed), or am I not really going to notice the difference so I should therefore wait for the next update to come along.

...and is this an update that could be installed remotely or is C4 again strongly recommending that updates be done on-site.

You certainly could do the update remotely. The only thing is, if things go bad then someone is going to have to come to your home. That's usually why I believe C4 recommends to be on-site.

The remote upgrade and installation (add on itouch) went smoothly. I have a great dealer (S&S) and they would have come out the next day if something went wrong. C4 rocks in general, but having a great dealer is the key (too many horror stories on this board and most of them are dealer related (of course, not the dealers on the board here :lol:)).

Archived