C4 Forums | Control4

Sr260 Screen brightness

44 minutes ago, OceanDad said:

Preaching to the choir here.  If you think SR-260's are bad, you should try talking to Tesla about the failure rate of the big center touchscreen in Model S cars.  This thing literally has a guaranteed 100% failure rate.  Has an eMMC chip in it that is guaranteed to fail eventually.  

Yeah but it's tricky to compare Tesla and their Touchscreens with and Control4 with their SR260 entry level flagship remote. Control4 is a CONTROL company and Tesla is a CAR company. When their remote CONTROL is garbage then it's like Tesla's engines/transmissions are garbage. The touchscreen on a tesla is such a small component, but the remotes on a Control4 system are CRITICAL.

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, poseidonsystems said:

So this past week, I had several clients call and tell me that their remotes are substantially dimm. I checked the units, settings and they all are where they're supposed to be.

So I called Control4 and obviously these are out of warranty (18 months old) and I have to charge the customer to replace them? This should be the most reliable component of a Control4 system, outside of the Controllers, and it is a complete disaster.

I have about 20 remotes I have to RMA (not really because I'm getting charged). I don't know about you, but other dealers probably have the same issue. 

Thing is the SR 250's out in the field all look good. I feel like the SR260 is a huge step backward and it's really a big disappointment for our clients.

Personally,  I had to buy 3 new remotes to replace out of warranty SR260's...    I love the remote but this has been a big issue with it and not real happy with C4 not just honoring out of warranty remotes given its a clear design flaw.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, ejn1 said:

Personally,  I had to buy 3 new remotes to replace out of warranty SR260's...    I love the remote but this has been a big issue with it and not real happy with C4 not just honoring out of warranty remotes given its a clear design flaw.

You can call and have them 'repaired' when they are out of warranty. 

3 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

You can call and have them 'repaired' when they are out of warranty. 

By C4?   Can you PM me or post how much they charge? Not sure if I still have them as they were so dim they were useless but maybe i still can find 1 or 2 lying around. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.