C4 Forums | Control4

Eva 9150

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm.. the way it works for me at home is that room off only turns off the devices in my room that I'm in .. have to check on that one.

*edit* if you dont want it to turn off, maybe you can try having the driver edited to "assume the device is always on". I'll try this out (on another device) but maybe that will keep it from sending power toggle commands.

Can I ask you guys that have the 9150 which NAS you are using for storage? Model and size?

What would you estimate the ripped/storage size (in GB) of a regular DVD and a Bluray?

I guess I would just multiply that by the # of discs I have to figure you the drive size I need. Thanks for the replies.

It depends greatly on how you aquire your media. DVDs can be either 5GB or 9GB in size, HD DVDs are 15 or 30GB, and Blu-ray is 25GB or 50GB. So plan accordingly, whether an .iso or reencode or edited or... best to do a Google search on how to do that, we should keep the discussion here about Control4 integration.

Have your dealer just edit the driver and remove the code for the POWER OFF option. This way the system will never be able to send it the OFF command and thus it will always stay on... plus - if there "IS" a power outage (ie: it's unplugged) - when you go to use it - the system will still send it the POWER ON command. Problem solved... :)

Have your dealer just edit the driver and remove the code for the POWER OFF option. This way the system will never be able to send it the OFF command and thus it will always stay on... plus - if there "IS" a power outage (ie: it's unplugged) - when you go to use it - the system will still send it the POWER ON command. Problem solved... :)

Good idea. Dont know why I didnt think of that. My brain's been kind of boggled lately :/

tratliff:

What do you consider ripping? In the case of a DVD, technically this means stripping CSS encryption and storing as an ISO file or VIDEO_TS folder on your computer in it's original MPEG2 format. This does not include transcoding the movie to another format like DivX or H.264. Expect ripped movies to be as thecodeman suggested.

What software will you be using? Some software will rip and transcode since other formats (like H.264 or DivX) support compression. Many people compress movies down to around 800MB. I compress movies to about 2 GB in using H.264.

Yeah I did this shortly after I posted, thought I mentioned it.

Thing is, why did the 'Power On' never work. . .

• 2 weeks later...

I have added my EVA9150 into the mix and can play all my videos that i have ripped from DVD. I can only play them by browsing the cover art and selecting from there. I do not have an option to control the EVA from the remote, or an option for an IR device to map it to. What am i missing?

BTW I moved from a Mediagate device to the EVA, which has no bearing on this question but thought i would mention in case anyone has a similar decision to make.

I have added my EVA9150 into the mix and can play all my videos that i have ripped from DVD. I can only play them by browsing the cover art and selecting from there. I do not have an option to control the EVA from the remote, or an option for an IR device to map it to. What am i missing?

BTW I moved from a Mediagate device to the EVA, which has no bearing on this question but thought i would mention in case anyone has a similar decision to make.

I programmed a custom button on the screen at the Ranch to flip to the EVA whenever they wanted to use it's features like Youtube or photo viewing, etc. Sounds like you should have your dealer check out your project and it's drivers.

wjunior,

Maybe another member with pro can help you, but since end users are not supposed to have pro, I don't think you will get more help from dealers on this problem.

Good luck

Brent

*edit for typo*

Thanks Codeman.

I just added the EVA from my drivers and set up the connections, just no options for IR for the EVA. Just seems odd.

There's no options for IR as the 9150 uses the 8000 driver, which is IP. An IR driver would have to be created for it, and you'd have to stick the emitter on the front.

Hey, Code,

I had read about an IR driver but I just looked up the thread and he did not get it to work, so IP it is.

Are you going to CEDIA?

Brent

I would love to go to CEDIA, are you inviting? :) Would be my first time.

I'll be there again, since it's locked into Denver for a few more years. And Cedia is 'fun time' IMO, so I'll be drinkin them 6 dolla beers all day. I'll buy ya one Brent.

RyanE... you coming?

Edit: Cause I'll buy you one too :lol:

Archived