C4 Forums | Control4

Eva 9150

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was at Digital Downtown in NY last year the CEDIA Rep said it going to be in GA this time, next year it suppose to be back in Denver. I'm hoping to make it to this Sept.

I'm also waiting on my EVA 9150.

Byron

I'm tweaking the driver for the 9150, any requests? I'm going to test removing the "off"command as it seems the units at the ranch are going into standby or being inadvertently turned off.

Anyone playing with these on a daily basis have some common issues they want to see ironed out?

Mine work great, aside from once in a while (twice now) the EVA wouldn't respond to any commands until I went down and physically power cycled it. I went into the EVA settings and it was set to never turn off, not even when the power off command was issued. I told it when the power off command is issued to power off (a setting on the EVA, not in C4) and I will see if the problem comes back.

Otherwise I think the current IP driver works great.

What tweaks have been requested so far I'm curious? I don't use mine a ton, so there may be some things I haven't experienced yet.

Well, one little thing that bugs me, but may not be able to be cured with a driver. If I am watching a movie, and I hit "room off" and leave. If I come back later and tell C4 I want to watch that same movie, it picks up where it left off. The only way to get back to the beginning is to go to the menu and choose scene selection, choosing the first scene. This is a pretty small problem, and probably nothing you can fix. The only reason we even noticed that is because we don't have a ton of movies in digital format yet, and I watched a new movie, then a couple of days later (the EVA didn't get any use in between) my wife wanted to watch the same movie. I didn't finish it, and everytime told C4 to play that movie it would start playing near the end. She couldn't figure it out and ended up bagging the movie all together. This problem may also be fixed by my telling the EVA to actually turn off now.

Sorry for the long post....

Yeah, but when I turn of my Sony 777 (I think) it starts the movie at the begining, not where it was stopped last time....I could be wrong.

If you have no requests yet, what are you tweaking? Are you just doing it toy around with modding an IP driver?

EDIT: I just read your post about removing the off command. Is that all your doing at present?

Who'd you order from? I ordered both of mine from newegg, they were in stock and I even had one shipped overnight.

I just received mine from Lagoom http://www.lagoom.com/587540/netgear-digital-entertainer-elite-eva9150-100nas.html

I have a strange quirk with my Samsung DLP TV not liking to use the component video connection, but its working ok with the HDMI cable. Since I just swapped out one of my DVD players for the EVA, I'll have to clean up the cable mess this weekend and double check all the A/V setup settings and cables. Right now I don't have it integrated with the home automation system yet, since I'm waiting on a friend to send me back my other C4 devices and I need to upgrade one of the controllers to a HC-300.

So far I've testing the EVA playback of different AVI format and DVD ISOs off my Netgear ReadyNASes. I need to test DVD VOB, MPEG, MP3 files and the internet video functions. I left the EVA this morning scanning/indexing my NASes MP3 files. So far VERY happy with it.

Byron

bsanf3 do you have something connected via S-video to your TV? Sometimes the TVs share a component video input with one of the S-videos so you cant have sources hooked up to both. If this is your situation and you have another component input try using that.

bsanf3 do you have something connected via S-video to your TV? Sometimes the TVs share a component video input with one of the S-videos so you cant have sources hooked up to both. If this is your situation and you have another component input try using that.

I never bothered with S-video in my A/V setup, I need to upgrade the S-video board in the Rotel for for the HDMI one. With my Rotel Surround Processor all input/outputs from the devices plug into the Rotel and it switches the outputs to the best one. I've had weird quirks with my DLP, HDMI and the resolution syncing right, known problem, I didn't feel like fighting it at the time and just used the DirecTV's DVR HDMI output cable.

Byron

Make sure your netgear is on (check for blue light on the power button). Check to make sure the netgear is using a static ip address. Check to make sure the netgear is on the main menu screen. Have your dealer check the connections (bindings) in your project.

Hi

My EVA9150 is connected to C4 using the EVA8000 driver.

When I select a movie, it comes up and hangs on "please wait while your selection is loaded..'

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Do you mean the C4 handoff screen is where it hangs? If so, it doesn't sound like the input is being switched to the EVA. Are you using a matrix, receiver or display to switch? Make sure your bindings are correct for video from your EVA to the wherever its being switched.

My $0.02

• 1 month later...

Archived