C4 Forums | Control4

Eva 9150

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got my EVA9150 a few days ago. My "Control4 guy" is coming to set this up for me sometime in the end of the week as well as install the drivers to allow my system to control my Xbox360 (When my system was installed, they said they couldn't do it)

...Anything that I need to know or have him do when he comes for the install. From what i'm reading here, I need him to set it so it doesn't shut off with the system shut off. Anything else I should know or consider before it is installed?

No requests yet, but I do have that same issue with resuming files when playing from stop. But when you think about it, it's acting just like a DVD player with Resume when you use the .iso file.

I make sure I issue the STOP command before powering off the room.

Byron

No requests yet' date=' but I do have that same issue with resuming files when playing from stop. But when you think about it, it's acting just like a DVD player with Resume when you use the .iso file.[/quote']

I make sure I issue the STOP command before powering off the room.

Byron

Good idea, I might include that in my programming.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that I have the EVA doing everything I want it to do now but I have to say, It's pretty damn glitchy. I'm still working some of the bugs out but it's getting close. I do however, have a new issue since last night that's driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated!!!

I have about 6 movies so far uploaded into the hard drive of the EVA. For some reason all of the the sudden, When I'm at the Control4 main screen and I "Browse" or select "Cover Art" all of my movies come up properly. However, When I click to play the movie, I get the message

"Your selection is loading, Please wait" with the film reel above it.

It just sits there and does nothing. Ive let it sit for 15-20 minutes and it doesn't even try to do anything. Originally, It would sit for a second or two and then start playing the movie. Now.....nothing. I have tried with every movie that I have uploaded.

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this. Please help!!!

It is in the main menu. I have made sure that all media playback is stopped.

Edit:

The original problem I was having was that when I would select a movie from "Cover art", instead of playing the movie, It would just take me directly to the main menu of my EVA. NOW, It doesnt take me to the EVA at all...Only sits in the Control4 menu with the movie reel display and the message "Your selection is loading. Please wait".

It WAS working properly at one point. (Click the movie from control4's "Cover art" and the movie would start). Somewhere along the line something change. This stuff makes me want to pull my hair out. :(

It is in the main menu. I have made sure that all media playback is stopped.

Edit:

The original problem I was having was that when I would select a movie from "Cover art", instead of playing the movie, It would just take me directly to the main menu of my EVA. NOW, It doesnt take me to the EVA at all...Only sits in the Control4 menu with the movie reel display and the message "Your selection is loading. Please wait".

It WAS working properly at one point. (Click the movie from control4's "Cover art" and the movie would start). Somewhere along the line something change. This stuff makes me want to pull my hair out. :(

I've had that happen before. Reboot the Netgear, see what that does. Sometimes the IP control just disappears.

I have never experienced this issue, and I have about 150 or so digital movies loaded, I have probably watched 20 of them.

Two things I would recommend is that you want to go into the EVA settings and make sure it turns off when the power off command is issued. The couple of glitches I was experiencing went away once I turned that on. The next thing I would do is go down and reboot everything. The screen you are discribing saying your movied is being loaded is a Control4 splash screen, not an EVA9150 splash screen. It sounds to me like a reboot is in order, you might be surprised what that will fix.

Also, where do you have the movies loaded? Are they on the internal drive on the EVA? That probably doesn't matter, but just curious.

Reboot everything and setup the power off command in the EVA settings and I bet you'll be back on track.

Thanks guys. Couple more questions.

My movies are uploaded to the EVA hard drive. They play flawlessly when I load them directly from the EVA UI. The only problem I am having anymore is what is stated above which is not being able to load/play my movies directly from my control4 UI.

To me, Logically this does not seem to be an issue with the EVA. Like ILoveC4 said, I am getting stuck in a Control4 splashscreen, Not the Eva's. When I go straight to the Eva and bring up the movies, They play fine which is alright i guess. It's just that i dont really like the look and control of the Eva's browser. The Control4 "Cover art" and "browse" are much cleaner/nicer to me.

As far as the EVA turning off. I DO have that disabled so I will change that and try it. I was reading about a lot of people having problems when the EVA turns off so I disabled that as well as had my control4 guy take out the "Turn OFF" code from the control4 driver so when my system turns off, The EVA stays connected. (as many of you suggestested in previous posts). I manually turned the Eva off then back on several times to see if it would change anything and it didn't. I even did a "reboot" of the Eva and it changed nothing other than erased the unsaved/unused files that I had originally viewed from a PC. (Which i was happy about). This further led me to believe that this is more of an issue with the Control4 UI rather than the EVA.

I also tried rebooting my control4 late last night and it wouldn't let me. Do I have to have composer turned on on my PC? Is this something only the Installer can do? It would not allow me to access it. I really enjoy all of this and I'm sure i will be happy with the end result but alas, I am kind of learning about all of this on the fly and taking a crash course from this website. :P

Note:

My installer was very helpful but as i'm sure you guys know in dealing with systems all of the time, He obviously could not sit there and check every single feature and scenario over and over. He seemed to have it working from what we both could figure. He has already been out twice and I hate to keep pestering him to come out. I need to take it upon myself to learn what is going on with my own system.

To reboot your Control4 controller you can either simply pull the power cord, or hold down the ID button for about 10 seconds.

I just pull the power cord. I have been assured numerous times that this is safe, and while I only do that once or twice per year, it have never had a problem.

Side note: Is there any way to get the Control4 splash screen to come up via programming? I would love to have that show for 58 or 59 seconds while a movie is loading on the 777, as opposed to seeing the Sony menus and what not.

Also have your dealer make sure that the IP address of the netgear hasn't changed and that Control4 can still see it. Something is happening and the IP control is being dropped. Control4 is doing its thing expecting the switch off to take place to the netgear...and nothing is happening.

Also have your dealer make sure that the IP address of the netgear hasn't changed and that Control4 can still see it. Something is happening and the IP control is being dropped. Control4 is doing its thing expecting the switch off to take place to the netgear...and nothing is happening.

Thanks for the suggestion. i will look into that.

Once I get everything straightened out, i will post back with results for future reference.

ILoveC4, I belive that it is but can't be certain. i did not set it up and am not at home to look at settings.

Again, Thanks for the help guys!!!

That is a good point.

Is your EVA9150 setup with a static IP?

Hey codeman' date=' any idea on my question posted above about that splashscreen?[/quote']

Nothing I know of off the top of my head, but I'll look for it.

Thanks!

Something funky is going on here...

I rebooted my system and now my "Cover Art" and "Browse" options are gone completely. It's like the media isn't even there. I still have my "Media Player" Icon and the movies are still there. C4 just isn't recognizing them. :(

It does not support Hulu streaming. TV series which are located on a NAS will need to be scanned with composer.

And to that extent, you'll probably want to manually tag them depending on how you like it to show up on the GUI.

It does not support Hulu streaming. TV series which are located on a NAS will need to be scanned with composer.

I thought it could do it using Playon or is that wrong. I assume even if it does I would still have to go out to the 9150 interface. How do TV shows appear in composer? Does it break it into seasons and episodes?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived