C4 Forums | Control4

Cost effective multi room options?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I see that’s why, I decentralized most of my system, for most listening experience I use either a Receiver to do local video switching and to drive a 5.1 theatre or a Soundbar.  AppleTV’s, Roku’s, etc. even receivers are cheap compared to a $16k setup at the time.  I opted for this while designing my system at the very early days and actually was suggested by my dealer.

10 hours ago, Amr said:

Yes, I see that’s why, I decentralized most of my system, for most listening experience I use either a Receiver to do local video switching and to drive a 5.1 theatre or a Soundbar.  AppleTV’s, Roku’s, etc. even receivers are cheap compared to a $16k setup at the time.  I opted for this while designing my system at the very early days and actually was suggested by my dealer.

More than one way of going about it. Neither is wrong. But the point is that it's not that difficult to go over 16 inputs and outputs.

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

More than one way of going about it. Neither is wrong. But the point is that it's not that difficult to go over 16 inputs and outputs.

Absolutely ... It’s a design concept, nothing is wrong, the beauty about C4 that, all is transparent to the user, same user experience and convenience of use.  It’s just programming.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:50 PM, Crustyloafer said:

You’re getting right into DIY territory there, not many reputable dealers are going to be willing to get involved with a job involving client purchased secondhand hardware. 

Except for the very helpful and kind dealers that frequent this forum 😊 and are willing to help you remotely.  Most of the folks frequenting these forums are fairly comfortable doing lots of stuff themselves.

Archived