C4 Forums | Control4

Room ON/OFF with schedule

what could be the best way to program, if TV OFF schedule is enable or a variable is set to true

then if any tries to watch, the command never passes to turn on TV etc

basically want to prevent anyone to watch when schedule is ON

will appreciate some help

• 3 weeks later...

The controls for the tv are generally through the driver and bindings, so any code you add would be run alongside the tv turning on and source selection.

Sonic's suggestion of a controllable outlet probably suits your needs best - just turn on and off the outlet on your schedule.

You would also have to add code to turn off the source(s) if they are turned on while the outlet is off - because if they are only one way control (IR) then C4 would think the tv is on when it is not actually.

Lots of ways to do this. A solid way to prevent any operations would be to make sure TV is IR controlled from a local EA-1 running its own ZigBee mesh and the SR260 for that room is identified to the local EA-1 for the room.

You could then via a schedule kill power to the EA-1 via either an IP controlled power outlet device for standard EA-1 or via a managed PoE switch for a PoE powered EA-1. That way the EA-1 would be offline completely and the SR260 for that room would be non-functional until the EA-1 came back online again.

• 2 weeks later...

Another suggested solution:

Use a fake hidden room, put all A/V gear and binding to that room, make the "real" room just follow the CURRENT_SELECTED_DEVICE of the fake room with a time-based condition. You room will never turn on within those hours this way, it's a clean solution transparent for the user, without having to cut power on any equipment.

On 6/29/2019 at 11:45 AM, Crustyloafer said:

Another suggested solution:

Use a fake hidden room, put all A/V gear and binding to that room, make the "real" room just follow the CURRENT_SELECTED_DEVICE of the fake room with a time-based condition. You room will never turn on within those hours this way, it's a clean solution transparent for the user, without having to cut power on any equipment.

This is a neat solution to something I always thought was programmatically impossible.  I wonder if you know of a similar work around for keypads and / or Touchscreens.  Ideally, I want to make some of my keypads and Touchscreens at my Beach house inactive when we are not there.  I realize that for keypads that one answer is to program using if statements against all buttons... but that is quite a hassle as I have hundreds of keypads and lots of bindings on each...  I have done this already (did it originally) for double clicks and any programming (as opposed to bindings).

10 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

This is a neat solution to something I always thought was programmatically impossible.  I wonder if you know of a similar work around for keypads and / or Touchscreens.  Ideally, I want to make some of my keypads and Touchscreens at my Beach house inactive when we are not there.  I realize that for keypads that one answer is to program using if statements against all buttons... but that is quite a hassle as I have hundreds of keypads and lots of bindings on each...  I have done this already (did it originally) for double clicks and any programming (as opposed to bindings).

If the keypad buttons you want to disable just control light loads you could set a schedule to change the preset level for all those loads to 0%, that way the toggle command for the loads on the keypad buttons would only ever switch it between 0 and 0 and never come on.

If the keypads were ZigBee then you add a dedicated controller and create a separate mesh just for the keypads you wish to disable, then when you are away, you could programmatically kill power to the controller running the ZigBee mesh for those keypads via a smart plug or controllable PoE outlet. Likewise for the touchscreens, set them all up on WiFi on a dedicated SSID and then create a scheduled on/off for that Wi-Fi SSID.

3 hours ago, Crustyloafer said:

If the keypad buttons you want to disable just control light loads you could set a schedule to change the preset level for all those loads to 0%, that way the toggle command for the loads on the keypad buttons would only ever switch it between 0 and 0 and never come on.

If the keypads were ZigBee then you add a dedicated controller and create a separate mesh just for the keypads you wish to disable, then when you are away, you could programmatically kill power to the controller running the ZigBee mesh for those keypads via a smart plug or controllable PoE outlet. Likewise for the touchscreens, set them all up on WiFi on a dedicated SSID and then create a scheduled on/off for that Wi-Fi SSID.

Thanks! I like the second suggestion... my problems are blind related and other non-lighting items, so the separate zigbee mesh and SSID sound worth while exploring...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.