C4 Forums | Control4

DSC and IT100

Any DSC experts out there?

I have the Power Series PC1832 I think.
I have two unused zones, so am looking to move my outdoor sensor onto one of these zones instead of directly into my HC800 contact.

Question - will the IT100 just work?
I do already have these two unused zones included in my project.
or will I need to program this zone with my alarm panel?

The reason I ask is I don't have the installer code for the panel - so not sure I will be able to do the alarm programming, and not sure yet if the original installer will give me this info....

It’s a lot of work, with little reward to free up two contacts on your 800, imo

moving the wires from 800 > panel

programming panel as SAC4u stated, (installer code default is 5555) 

if you own the DSC equipment, demand the installer code. If you got it all installed “free” and just pay monitoring, then it’s a little more tricky

then programming the 800, adding zones to match panel, moving any programming, testing, etc.

not sure what your “need” is, but could get a Z2IO or IOX and save hassle above and just pay for device plus 1-2 hours labor and end up with more

my 2 cents

Thanks for the info.

Moving the cables is no problem for me - rack is not far from alarm panel.
Alarm has never been used with these two unused zones, so hoping they are not defaulting or programmed to be an armed zone...Though I have since been provided the installer code by my alarm installer - installed over ten years ago and never monitored, so glad they could provide this to me with no hassle.  So I should be able to add it to the alarm panel and C4 now.

Just my luck - installer code provided by the alarm guy is not working, neither is 5555.
So will go ahead and try physical installation and hope this new zone does not interfere with the way the alarm currently works.

This guy was not overly familiar with external integrations such as the IT-100 module, but did say he believed you could log in and view the installer code somehow using the code 006 or 007 - I could not work out what he was talking about...
Anyone know if this is possible? and how?

Cheers.

Without the installer code you can't add contacts.

it-100 or C4 have nothing to do with that as such. And depending on the driver, you may see zones on the system, but that doesn't mean anything is set in the alarm panel.

It's not impossible they were added to begin with, but unless those are meant to be normally open contacts, that seems unlikely.

If these outdoor sensor serve no security purpose, it's best to just keep it on a controller, it'll always be more responsive.

6 hours ago, Cyknight said:

If these outdoor sensor serve no security purpose, it's best to just keep it on a controller, it'll always be more responsive.

They serve no security purpose, they are only used to turn on lighting from programming in C4.

However my slave controller died and already using all contacts on my 800, so looking for 'free' options rather then spending on more hardware.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.