C4 Forums | Control4

OS3 Room menu

jfh

Trying to understand the new Room menu in OS3.

Instead of the home menu for a given room, we now see a Home menu which has the normal icons but to which we can also add shortcuts, right?

What if I want two versions of Room “Theater”?   One that shows Watch/Listen/security/etc like today and one that shows a subset of that with some shortcuts?  Does the second option require creating a dummy room in the project?  

I think you would have to do this by making two rooms in composer, you might have to add a dummy tv driver in there and create a video/audio path for that room to be able to shortcut media to the room though. Not sure if you could switch between rooms using the OSD either. If you hit the C4 logo at the top left it shows all the Watch, listen, security etc menus anyway so that might negate the need for two rooms, my room screens only have favourites on and I keep all the watch etc menus on the side panel (can’t remember official name)

6 minutes ago, Thepritch88 said:

I think you would have to do this by making two rooms in composer, you might have to add a dummy tv driver in there and create a video/audio path for that room to be able to shortcut media to the room though. Not sure if you could switch between rooms using the OSD either. If you hit the C4 logo at the top left it shows all the Watch, listen, security etc menus anyway so that might negate the need for two rooms, my room screens only have favourites on and I keep all the watch etc menus on the side panel (can’t remember official name)

Ah.  Didn’t realize about the C4 logo thing.  That would negate the need for what I’m trying to do.  I want to use the Room menu for shortcuts for my wife but wanted quick access to everything.  Sounds like that’s already built in.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:13 PM, chopedogg88 said:

yes you have the best of both really, I don't think its necessary to have 2 rooms.  only thing is you might want to create a "Home" or "Dashboard" room which you use as your main landing page for the house, with shortcuts to the things you want to see/control at-a-glance.

@chopedogg88  Can you elaborate a little on the "Dashboard" Room concept?  Can I put a shortcut in there to say, "Turn on the Apple TV in the Living Room,"  and another to "Turn on NPR in Bedroom"?

Thanks,

David

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.