C4 Forums | Control4

Need help with VIDEOSTORM any experts?

I have a Videostorm system.

VTX100 with 4 HDMI inputs
3 VRX20
3 NVIDIA SHields

Recently i have been having to reboot my VTX multiple times because my sources from there never show. I just get a black screen. 

I was wondering if anyone that has the system might point me in a direction for correction. I am wondering if it is overheating? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

As a note the VTX is running the most current firmware version as are my VRXs.

2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

in your other thread on this top @lippavisual  gave you the answer and you said it fixed it.

that fix is no longer working?

@eggzlot This issue is different. I have to go into my Matrix Manager and actual reboot the VTX to get it working again. The other issue was it actual getting the stream correct when you first select it.

35 minutes ago, flikfoto said:

@eggzlot This issue is different. I have to go into my Matrix Manager and actual reboot the VTX to get it working again. The other issue was it actual getting the stream correct when you first select it.

how old are the VTX's?  you mention this is happening "Recently" but is your set up 2 months old and its happening the last few days or is it 4 years old and just happening the last few days?

2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

how old are the VTX's?  you mention this is happening "Recently" but is your set up 2 months old and its happening the last few days or is it 4 years old and just happening the last few days?

4 years old and just started happening.

2 hours ago, lippavisual said:

What's your network setup??  Are you using a managed switch??

The only issue I've ever seen with the VTX product is the power supply failing prematurely.  If the VTX is powered on, it should be supplying the streams indefinitely.

Ubiquiti 

UniFi Switch 48 POE-500W

the VTX has 4 inputs you mention, so two boards.

Is there a particular source(s) that has issues or all 4 have the same consistent issues?

its possible 1 of the 2 boards is failing or 1 of the 2 power supplies is failing.  Though its in 1 chassis, its actually two individual units with two unique boards and power supplies.

2 hours ago, flikfoto said:

I only have 2 sources plugged in currently. I will put one source in each card and monitor the results. Thanks for the input and suggestions.

Not that easy

think your dealer needs to bind device to proper hdmi port 

1 hour ago, flikfoto said:

@eggzlot Do you happen to know if the Videostorm driver works with the new OS3?

No idea. On OS2 here. That said as a partner with c4 I’d be shocked if it wasn’t compatible with OS3

The NetPlay driver is compatible with OS3.  If you are also using IRUSB, you do have to update that driver (using the latest on our site) for OS3.

The issue described above could be a fan problem given it is 4 yrs old.  The symptom would be it works a while after reboot / power cycle but then overheats and stops encoding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.