C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain - Bond Bridge controls Somfy Shades, RF Ceiling Fans, Fireplaces and more!

alanchow

29 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

LOL.

Do note Alan's comment on the shade requiring the support feedback option. Basically if the Bond bridge can do positional feedback for that blind, Control4 can get that data from the chowmain driver, so search for your blind plus bondbridge to see if they do or do not.

I’m currently using Rollease Acmeda motors with the Annex4 driver.  Both support two-way status communication.  If Bond doesn’t, it won’t be the end of thevworld but given that the Bond Pro specifically mentions those motors as supported, I’m hopeful they do.

• 3 months later...

• 3 months later...

@alanchow or team, Do you know if the new Home Depot universal fan controllers still work with Bond. I have some of the older ones you link to from your driver page, but it's not available any longer. Looks like the new one is pushing something called Hubspace so I'm not sure if they are supported in Bond.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Smart-Wi-Fi-4-Speed-Ceiling-Fan-White-Remote-Control-For-Use-Only-With-AC-Motor-Fans-Powered-by-Hubspace-76278/315169181#overlay

47 minutes ago, Shoe said:

@alanchow or team, Do you know if the new Home Depot universal fan controllers still work with Bond. I have some of the older ones you link to from your driver page, but it's not available any longer. Looks like the new one is pushing something called Hubspace so I'm not sure if they are supported in Bond.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Smart-Wi-Fi-4-Speed-Ceiling-Fan-White-Remote-Control-For-Use-Only-With-AC-Motor-Fans-Powered-by-Hubspace-76278/315169181#overlay

I don't think they do.  Best to reach out to Bond to confirm.

16 minutes ago, alanchow said:

I don't think they do.  Best to reach out to Bond to confirm.

Ok. Heads up that your link in the driver pages links to a product that is likely discontinued.

I did just now find this Q&A on the HD site:

image.thumb.png.9948c2762af882e5f78df6cf667942d2.png

8 minutes ago, Shoe said:

Ok. Heads up that your link in the driver pages links to a product that is likely discontinued.

I did just now find this Q&A on the HD site:

image.thumb.png.9948c2762af882e5f78df6cf667942d2.png

This won't be the same as the previous model.  As the previous one had Smart By Bond built in.  means you don't need a bond bridge.  Sounds like this one you do and Bond bridge is just learning the remote RF codes.